Is it a Mortal Sin to Doubt God?

• Thread starter Thread starter LittleFlower3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LittleFlower3

I am a very religious woman, but as a child, was taught to view religion as superstition, so I still at times have the tendency to doubt. Today I read an article about exorcisms and had a thought about how ridiculous it seemed. I asked myself how this could possibly be true, and I lingered on the thought for a while, but not longer than two minutes, before denouncing it. Do you think this constitutes mortal sin?

The best recommendation is to ask your priest. He can advise and guide you to the correct answer.

In the Creed we say:
We believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
begotten from the Father before all ages,
God from God,
Light from Light,
true God from true God,
So GOD made invisible beings, the Angels who have as us free will.
But since they not live in an environment affected by Time like us and they are also immortal (our souls for now) were given the choice of obedience to GOD and some rejected HIM. These fallen Angels with their leader were cast out from Heaven and are the devil and the demons who have as mission make sure that we too reject GOD.
Exorcisms were performed by Jesus and the possession of people by demons has been written both in the Bible and in ancient literature of many cultures.
I will pray that you can deepen your faith in all that GOD and Jesus have revealed and left the Church for us and our spiritual well being.

Peace!

Thank you for your prayers! I acknowledge that demons exist and am confident in the truth as revealed by Christ, but the nature of my question was more about the moment of doubt that I recently had and whether or not that was sinful.

Last edited:
DOUBT itself is not a sin just like temptation, but to fall unto it can be considered as a sin.

If we were going to read the Scriptures, exorcism is true because Jesus exorcises and even gave us the power to exorcise in His Name. It’s not ridiculous because it is the Truth but giving yourself into the belief of superstitions will make you sin. We know in our hearts that Jesus is more powerful than any other superstitions.

Last edited:
No problem, sister! We’ll pray for you 💗 💗 💗

Last edited:
No it was not sinful, these can be trials that the evil one sets up trying to ensnare us. Why would you doubt that exorcisms can still be happening?
Has the evil one stopped trying to lure us away from GOD?
Look around, with all the evil that is present in the world it certainly does not seems so.

Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back