Is it a sin?

• Thread starter Thread starter RomanRyan1088
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RomanRyan1088

I have this problem with this particular sin. I was wondering, many times while in the middle of the sin, i will tell myself, “What am I doing?”, and immediatley stop. Some times after wards, i tell myself, “What am i doing”, then I stop, is it a sin, eventhough i stopped?

It would seem to me that if you *started *the sin at all then you sinned.

I agree.

The first thought of a sin is temptation.

The second thought is sin.

Acting on it, for however short period of time, is definitely a sin.

The first thought of a sin is temptation.
The second thought is sin.
Acting on it, for however short period of time, is definitely a sin.
I’m sorry, but I believe this to be an oversimplification. One can be tempted many times towards the same sin without sinning. We are to avoid all near occasions of sin, therefore indulging a thought or thoughts of committing a particular sin is, in and of itself, sinful. When you are the subject of a temptation, and you try very hard to put it out of your mind, you are not sinning. This is true, I believe, even if you have to contend with the same temptation over and over again.

I would agree that any sin in which you begin to engage, but disengage yourself from before completion, is still a sin, though, perhaps, less grave than if you had completed it.

40.png
Patrick2340:
I’m sorry, but I believe this to be an oversimplification. One can be tempted many times towards the same sin without sinning. We are to avoid all near occasions of sin, therefore indulging a thought or thoughts of committing a particular sin is, in and of itself, sinful. When you are the subject of a temptation, and you try very hard to put it out of your mind, you are not sinning. This is true, I believe, even if you have to contend with the same temptation over and over again.

I would agree that any sin in which you begin to engage, but disengage yourself from before completion, is still a sin, though, perhaps, less grave than if you had completed it.
A friend of mine is fond of saying that twenty-three thousand tons of temptation don’t add up to an ounce of sin.

Listen to what you have just said. You agreed with my analysis.
Let me simplify it for you. Repeated temptation can be repeatedly resisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back