Is it ok for women to wear a 4-way?

• Thread starter Thread starter redtech
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redtech

My dad has worn one since he was a kid and so have my brothers. I always wondered why I didn’t get one. Is this just a male thing to wear. I have a little girl cousin who wears one but she’s really young and her parents might not know she has it. She said her grandma gave it to her as a keepsake.

I’m looking into getting a nice St.Ann medal and I saw some 4-ways and wondered again, why I never got one as a kid… GRRRR.

40.png
b_justb:
Ummm what’s a “4-way”? :confused:
I think she means a 4-way medal. I haven’t the slightest idea about who wears them though.

thepromiseland.com/cgi-bin/shoppingcart/html/82.html

Eamon

Even I wondered what a 4 way was.
Well now I know.

And I think it is perfectly OK for a women to wear one. Why not? I just cannot think of a reason.

I guess my parents are sexist!!! 😃

I’d rather have a st.Ann anyway!

40.png
redtech:
I guess my parents are sexist!!! 😃

I’d rather have a st.Ann anyway!
Why not ask them why they didn’t give you this medal? It probably has nothing to do with gender. They most probably thought you didn’t want one. So, ask. What can it hurt?

Well, I wear one and I am a wife and mom, so, guess that makes me a girl 🙂

So that’s what its called. I recieved one from my mother when I made my first communion. I have worn it ever since. It was even blessed by JP2.

Why would anyone want to wear one? What ever happened to honoring just one saint?

Many of us wore a scapula under our clothes in grammar school so why not wear anything that reflects our faith.

To be honest before this post I never knew of a ‘4 way’ before. I wore a medal with Mary’s image on it though. Mother kept a St Chris medal on her cars rear view mirror.

Wonder how many remember when hair shirts were worn by men during Lent as a means of suffering and offering that up for the souls in purgatory. Egad!!!
Wonder if some of the darn bra’s I now buy are left over material. lol
Lynn-D
%between%

I wear a Crucifix (those that devotely wear one will die a happy death receiving the final rites of the Catholic church) and the Brown Scapular (those that devotely wear one will be saved from the fires of hell) – I figure that if I do my part, the two promises from the Brown Scapular and the Crucifix are all that I need.

I bought 2 4-way crucifixes. I bought one for me, and one for the
hubby:) Doesn’t Pope Benedict XVI wear one ?

40.png
turboEDvo:
I think she means a 4-way medal. I haven’t the slightest idea about who wears them though.

thepromiseland.com/cgi-bin/shoppingcart/html/82.html

Eamon
Well, I have two of them. One on each of my chains… my long one and my short one… I like it… (we call them a five-way because ours have the HS dove) we all got them for our Confirmaitons or for alter-serving a Mass for the funeral of Msgr. Whatever

Laura 🙂

oh shoot… I cannot find one of mine (say a prayer to St. Anthony for me so I can find it!.. hopefully it is at home somewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back