M
mkamoski1
Guest
All -
Please help.
Is it OK to remain kneeling after Communion and before the final blessing?
Here are the details.
In general, here is what I see happening.
Please advise.
(References from GIRM and/or Magestarium appreciated, to help a poor researcher.)
Thank you.
Yours in Christ,
Please help.
Is it OK to remain kneeling after Communion and before the final blessing?
Here are the details.
In general, here is what I see happening.
- A given person receives Communion, the person returns to the pew and kneels in prayer.
- After Communion is distributed to everyone, the altar is cleared, and the Priest will sit for a brief while in prayer
- In general, most people move from a kneeling position to a seated position as soon as the Priest sits down-- however, I like to keep kneeling and THAT is the question is it OK to keep kneeling at this point until the Priest rises and everyone rises to do the final blessing?
Please advise.
(References from GIRM and/or Magestarium appreciated, to help a poor researcher.)
Thank you.
Yours in Christ,
- Mark Kamoski