"Is It Okay to Read Horoscopes Just for Fun?" --a Catholic Answer

  • Thread starter Thread starter mdgspencer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peace be with you Brother/sister.

I have dealt in the “dark Arts” as we may call it, and I would like to add my opinion, here.

In my experience, all of such activities (horoscopes, fortune telling, ouija boards, talking to the dead) start ‘for the fun of it’. However, it does not end in “Fun”.

One will inevitable be pulled in to the dark reaches of this side, and you will not know it until you are neck deep in it. I ask that you believe what I say, as I have experienced it, first hand.

Oh, yes. You could have called me a sorcerer, a clairvoyant, a ESP user and a Master of these arts. My former abilities astound me, even today.

I have long since renounced these practices and have given my life to the Lord.

The best advice I can give you, if it was ‘just once’, laugh off what you heard/read. Stay away from it and stay in the Light of the Lord.

Dominus vobiscum.
 
Peace be with you Brother/sister.

I have dealt in the “dark Arts” as we may call it, and I would like to add my opinion, here.

In my experience, all of such activities (horoscopes, fortune telling, ouija boards, talking to the dead) start ‘for the fun of it’. However, it does not end in “Fun”.

One will inevitable be pulled in to the dark reaches of this side, and you will not know it until you are neck deep in it. I ask that you believe what I say, as I have experienced it, first hand.

Oh, yes. You could have called me a sorcerer, a clairvoyant, a ESP user and a Master of these arts. My former abilities astound me, even today.

I have long since renounced these practices and have given my life to the Lord.

The best advice I can give you, if it was ‘just once’, laugh off what you heard/read. Stay away from it and stay in the Light of the Lord.

Dominus vobiscum.
Thank you so much for sharing that! May the Lord bless you richly.
 
Oh, yes. You could have called me a sorcerer, a clairvoyant, a ESP user and a Master of these arts. My former abilities astound me, even today.
No offense but anyone can make these claims on the internet and I would further add that the article is the last thing I would give to someone with scruples about horoscopes. It embodies the subtle gateway rhetoric to the sort of extremism that dictates a sip of alcohol is enough to declare oneself a sinful drunkard.

If generalized, feel-good foretelling on a newspaper is enough to impress upon the mind then there wasn’t much of a mind to begin with.
 
Thank you for your post.
Peace be with you Brother/sister.

I have dealt in the “dark Arts” as we may call it, and I would like to add my opinion, here.

In my experience, all of such activities (horoscopes, fortune telling, ouija boards, talking to the dead) start ‘for the fun of it’. However, it does not end in “Fun”.

One will inevitable be pulled in to the dark reaches of this side, and you will not know it until you are neck deep in it. I ask that you believe what I say, as I have experienced it, first hand.

Oh, yes. You could have called me a sorcerer, a clairvoyant, a ESP user and a Master of these arts. My former abilities astound me, even today.

I have long since renounced these practices and have given my life to the Lord.

The best advice I can give you, if it was ‘just once’, laugh off what you heard/read. Stay away from it and stay in the Light of the Lord.

Dominus vobiscum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top