Is it okay to say two (or three) novenas simultaneously?

• Thread starter Thread starter vatoco6
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vatoco6

I have a private intention for which I am praying the St. Jude novena. (Yeah, the situation is that desperate.) My understanding is that I have to say the St. Jude prayer, followed by 3 Our Fathers, Hail Mary’s and Glory Be’s for nine days.

May I also say a novena to another saint or two at the same time? Or is that “bugging God” too much? I had said a novena about nine months ago, and still haven’t gotten a complete answer, though so far the answers I have received have been in the affirmative. So I started the St. Jude novena.

Thanks,

Therese

40.png
vatoco6:
May I also say a novena to another saint or two at the same time? Or is that “bugging God” too much?
Therese,
You can say as many novenas as you want to and ask the intercession of as many Saints as you want! As far as bugging God…He loves it! Pray always! Pray unceasingly… I’m always praying novenas, rosaries, making little aspirations…just trying to live in His Presence… Hope this helps! God Bless, Annunciata:)

Hi Therese! Pray away, as many novenas as you like to as many Saints and intercessors as you like.

I completely ditto Annunciata’s post ( she’s so wise, that one!). I have several novenas and different chaplets going every day. I just keep plugging away.

You have the correct attitude. Your answer may take time, and may not happen on the 9th day - but you will get an answer. Do not be dissappointed at a possible “no, not now”, answer. That means there is something better in the works.

I also am a firm believer that the power of the prayer is in the faith behind the prayer - that it will be answered. Believe with all your heart and soul.
I’ll pray for your intentions too…I always have a place in my heart for you! 🙂

First off, let me say that it is more effective to say one prayer piously, than say numerous prayers absent-mindedly. We will not be heard better because of the VOLUME of prayers that we speak. It all about quality and not quanity.

However, if you can pray more and still remain focused, then by all means do it.
40.png
vatoco6:
… My understanding is that I have to say the St. Jude prayer, followed by 3 Our Fathers, Hail Mary’s and Glory Be’s for nine days.
Instead of just saying 3 Our Fathers, Hail Mary’s and Glory Be’s, you can say a Rosary after the St. Jude prayer. The Rosary is a very powerful prayer tool. Or, you can say all 15 decades (20 decades) of the Rosary after the St.Jude prayer and still have it remain one novena.

Generally speaking, no fixed rules need be laid down for the making of a novena beyond that of persevering in prayer through the space of nine days – following the example of the Apostles who prayed for nine days for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The Novena can also be done for 18 days – 9 days of prayer of petition followed by 9 days of prayer of thanksgiving even if the request hasn’t been answered yet. There is also a 54-day novena – three 9-day Novena’s in prayer of petition followed by three 9-day Novena’s in prayer of thansgiving.

The efficacy of any novena depends in great measure on the piety and devotion of the individual. The following suggestions will increase the fervor of your novena:
  1. *] Participate, if possible , in the public novena services, since there is added efficacy in the union of the faithful at prayer.
    *] Receive the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion during your novena.
    *] Promise an act of public gratitude, should your petition be granted; have holy Mass celebrated in thanksgiving; make your favor public for the encouragement of others; spread devotion to the Novena
    *] While making your request, be sure to honestly leave yourself open to God’s will – meaning be willing to accept God’s answer even if it comes in a way that you do not expect or want.
    … Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back