Is Jesus more present in the blessed sacrament?

• Thread starter Thread starter milimac
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

milimac

Wherever one person in the Trinity is, all three are.
Through baptism we receive grace and the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit.
God is always with us and always hears our prayers wherever we are.

With these thoughts in mind, why do you think it is so good to adore him in the blessed sacrament?

Because He is truly present, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity.

Dear milimac,

It is good to adore the Lord. That’s basically all there is to it.

It’s not that He’s “more present” here or there but is present in a most excellent and wonderful way in the Eucharist. His presence there is, in a sense, objective and doesn’t depend on anything like our level of faith or love or whether or not we are in a state of grace or not or are baptized or not, etc. So, to thank Him for giving us such a great gift, it is good to make a point of spending time with Him in the way He has chosen to be with us. I hope that makes sense.

Dearest Friend

In the Eucharist Jesus comes to us in a special way, it is HIS Flesh, HIS Body, HIS Divinity and HIS Spirit, This is how HE ACTUALLY indwells us, so that we may become as ONE BODY with Jesus, we are one body in the Lord. Jesus is always present, He is with us all the time and goes before us in all things and prepares the way for us, you can talk with Jesus by prayer anytime in any place in any situation. But in The Blessed Sacrament, this is a unique meeting with Jesus, because in the Host His physical and spiritual divinity and humanity is FULLY present, not only for adoraton, consolation of His Sacred Heart and petition, but as a reminder to all that He instituted Himself as an eternal and loving Sacrifice that binds us to Him here on earth and in Heaven forever.

God Bless you and much peace and love to you xxx

If you can give Eucharistic Adoration a sincere try, you will be surprised. Jesus will let you know how much more present He is there.

We are fallible, sinful, selfish humans – even if we have been Baptized, He still can’t be fully manifested in us. We don’t let Him be fully manifested in us.

Not everyone will have the wonderful experiences some of us have. I am fortunate to have private revelations and usually just when I am not really trying to get anything from Jesus.

When we adore, it is as if we are taking a sunbath – except it is the Grace of Christ beaming into your soul. It is just so awesome that our Lord is willing to be present to us in all the Tabernacles of the world.

Taste and SEE the goodness of the Lord.

Thank you for your replies. I’m sorry if I appeared to imply that I didn’t didn’t believe there was anything special about the Eucharistic Adoration. I adore Jesus in the Eucharist at least once a week, and it is there where I actually came up with this question. Sometimes it just helps to have a little theology backing it up to appreciate it more.

I usually go during my lunch hour, but it’s a 15-minute drive and some days I don’t have much time. I guess sometimes I weigh whether it would be better on such days to spend an hour in prayer and spiritual reading, or a half hour before Jesus in the Eucharist.

I am finding that I need eternity in order to properly know Him, love Him and serve Him.

Dearest Milimac

That is the yearning that God our Father places in our hearts and spirit for us to finally see Him. It is sometimes heartrending that we are though ever close to Him, not fully with Him , not in His absolute Beatific presence. This yearning for Him comes from love of Him, of His Son Jesus and of the Holy Spirit that guides us. You serve Him well here on earth everytime you ask Him for something for yourself, tell Him about your life in detail, ask for something for someone else, praying in your home or any place, praying before the Blessed Sacrament, thank Him and give Him all glory ask for The Holy Souls to be released from Purgatory, tell Him you love Him, tell someone else you love them, help someone…you can see the list is endless but it is all these things that make Him rejoice and serve Him. When you come to Him in Heaven your reward will be for all these things and the reward will far outweigh what you have done and said…hundreds of times.

I have felt for a long time not sad, but a sadness for not ‘being’ with my Father in Heaven.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you xxx

According to Vatican II Constitution on the Liturgy, Sacrosanctum Concilium (SC) #7:
  1. To accomplish so great a work, Christ is always present in His Church, especially in her liturgical celebrations. He is present in the sacrifice of the Mass, not only in the person of His minister, “the same now offering, through the ministry of priests, who formerly offered himself on the cross”, but especially under the eucharistic species. By His power He is present in the sacraments, so that when a man baptizes it is really Christ Himself who baptizes. He is present in His word, since it is He Himself who speaks when the holy scriptures are read in the Church. He is present, lastly, when the Church prays and sings, for He promised: “Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them” (Matt. 18:20) .
So, Christ is present in many ways but in a most particular way in the Blessed Sacrament… one of my professors gave the Latin for the word above “especiallly” as “maximally,” therefore He is “more” present here on earth in the Eucharist than in other ways because it is only Him there present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back