Is Mary a saint?

• Thread starter Thread starter workinprogress8
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clearing that up. I know I must sound pretty ignorant, but I’m still learning!
40.png
Annunciata:
Yes! Everyone in Heaven is a Saint.

work(name removed by moderator)rogress8:
Thanks for clearing that up. I know I must sound pretty ignorant, but I’m still learning!
Work,
You can’t imagine how many times I’ve heard this question! Annunciata:)

work(name removed by moderator)rogress8:
Thanks for the encouragement!
Anytime! BTW, if you know any good jokesor want to have a few good laughs(it’s good for the soul) …see the Joke Contest Thread in Meet & Greet.blessings, Annunciata:)

Mary the mother of God is considered by the church to be first among the saints, the saint of saints. In Greek we call her Panayia, which means “most holy”. Now “saint” is simply another word for “holy”, so while Peter, Paul, John, Polycarp, Catherine, etc are called “holy” (ie. “saint”), Mary in contrast is called “most holy”.

Saint John the Forerunner is also considered a little higher than the rest of the saints, being referred to by our Lord as the greatest of the prophets, though he is still not held in quite the same esteem as Mary the Theotokos. Mary and John are linking figures between the Old and the New Testament and the church recognises that it is they who occupy the positions at Jesus’ right and left hand, the positions which James and John presumed to ask for in Mark 10:35-40.

John.

She is to whom God himself was inspired by when he was creating the word “Saint” 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back