Is my confession still valid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Just_One_Touch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Just_One_Touch

Guest
I went to confession about a month ago, and something’s been really bothering me. What’s been bothering me is that I confessed a sin that I probably should have been more specific about, and I’m racked with doubt about whether I did so on purpose. I have difficulty focusing on anything else now. Should I talk to my priest about, have another confession, or what?
 
Well, I’m not catholic, don’t know the exact “right” answer… But if it IS bothering you, then I’d say go to confession again. You need to be able to get it off your chest, and move on.
 
Yes, talk to your priest. You look like someone he needs spiritual guidance more than another confession. While confession does intend to heal our soul, some guilt sometimes transcend because it has also affected our psyche.
 
I went to confession about a month ago, and something’s been really bothering me. What’s been bothering me is that I confessed a sin that I probably should have been more specific about, and I’m racked with doubt about whether I did so on purpose. I have difficulty focusing on anything else now. Should I talk to my priest about, have another confession, or what?
It’s just my humble opinion, but I think that you have a minor problem with scruples. If you went to Confession and were absolved, then you were forgiven. The only way you would possibly be in trouble is if you purposefully withheld information. The priests are trained to ask questions in order to understand the gravity of the situation. If your conscience is pricking you, by all means, go to Confession as it couldn’t hurt, but I think it would benefit you to seek counsel from a well-trained priest who can be your regular Confessor. You would be less likely to be scrupulous.

Hope this helps.
 
If it’s on your conscience, you might want to confess again.
But in general, you only need to confess each sin once. Did you withhold necessary information? Did the priest not understand what the sin was? If not, then you don’t need to confess again.
 
I went to confession about a month ago, and something’s been really bothering me. What’s been bothering me is that I confessed a sin that I probably should have been more specific about, and I’m racked with doubt about whether I did so on purpose. I have difficulty focusing on anything else now. Should I talk to my priest about, have another confession, or what?
IMO, the priest who absolves your guilt is led by the HS, who knows all your fears and inhibitions and lets you transform gradually. The absolution granted is absolute. Your discomfort is Satan’s trick. Meet your parish priest and seek his counsel; he will guide you beautifully
 
You do need to speak to a priest but not necessarily in the confessional. You may be in need of education or counseling rather than forgiveness.
 
My situation is this: (No this is not what I said, but it is a similar situation)
I tell the priest I have been unkind and not acted decently towards my sisters, but I have actually been beating them. Does that help anyone?
 
My situation is this: (No this is not what I said, but it is a similar situation)
I tell the priest I have been unkind and not acted decently towards my sisters, but I have actually been beating them. Does that help anyone?
Confessing this to the anointed priest, will gradually break Satan’s control over you and as a result, your sinful habit will melt and vanish. If you merely regret and don’t confess, you may not be able to free yourself from slavery to the sinful habit
 
My situation is this: (No this is not what I said, but it is a similar situation)
I tell the priest I have been unkind and not acted decently towards my sisters, but I have actually been beating them. Does that help anyone?
Stop torturing yourself and go back to confession. The example you have given appears to show that you committed a mortal sin but confessed in such a way that it seemed venial. That does make a difference. It’s a bad situation that’s easily fixed. Go to confession and tell the priest exactly what you have said here, except of course you would tell the real sin. Simply tell the priest you may have made a bad confession and then explain. He’ll take it from there and when you finish, you’ll be forgiven for sure and so relieved! The sooner you go, the better. You should be glad it’s only been a month. Some people let this kind of thing go for years and have a lot of repairing and reconfessing to do.

God bless you!
 
My situation is this: (No this is not what I said, but it is a similar situation)
I tell the priest I have been unkind and not acted decently towards my sisters, but I have actually been beating them. Does that help anyone?
This does not help you. God knows what you did. You are still feeling the guilt because you have not confessed all of the sin. A truthful confession will allow grace to replace the guilt.
 
My situation is this: (No this is not what I said, but it is a similar situation)
I tell the priest I have been unkind and not acted decently towards my sisters, but I have actually been beating them. Does that help anyone?
If you tried to misrepresent your sin then your confession is not valid. If you were honest and you simply did not use what you would consider proper wording then you were absolved. Go and share your thoughts with a priest, he will help you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top