S
stanncie
Guest
Well, i went to confession today at a local parish where they have frequent confession hours. The priest barely let me talk! He asked me how long ago my last confession was ( 2 months) then he asked when the last time i received the Eucharist ( 2 weeks).
He then asked if I had any big sins, i said not really. He then just asked me if I was sorry for my sins and told me to say the act of contrition. He then proceeded to absolve me. Is this confession valid?
I admit I really didn’t have any mortal sins to confess but I wanted to confess none the less to be ready for Christmas. Is this OK? and if I had committed mortal sins would this have been valid nonetheless
He then asked if I had any big sins, i said not really. He then just asked me if I was sorry for my sins and told me to say the act of contrition. He then proceeded to absolve me. Is this confession valid?
I admit I really didn’t have any mortal sins to confess but I wanted to confess none the less to be ready for Christmas. Is this OK? and if I had committed mortal sins would this have been valid nonetheless