Is playing video games fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerg

Active member
It seems that video games calm me down and that seems pretty harmless.

I still make time for exercise , etc. The only issue I have with video games is that the prefrontal cortex is NOT activated. So if you want to exercise your brain you should still read books

Do you play video games?
 
I play video games. The important thing is moderation and being able to give it up. There are more important things, such as God and family.
 
I play them to help me relax. As with other entertainment, I use moderation and common sense.
 
I play video games, I read books, and I pray. I also study French for half an hour a day. Nothing wrong with playing video games, so long as you’re not neglecting your other duties.
 
I do, though much less than the average teen. Playing video games is fine depending on the game content and how often you play. Too much gaming and/or suggestive/overly graphic content is where the problem can lie, but moderation is key.
 
I used to play but I don’t in these days because of my computer. So I started to play chess.
 
It seems that video games calm me down and that seems pretty harmless.

I still make time for exercise , etc. The only issue I have with video games is that the prefrontal cortex is NOT activated. So if you want to exercise your brain you should still read books

Do you play video games?
The prefrontal cortex is used with short-term working memory. A game requires short-term memory.
 
Video games, in and of themselves, are morally neutral. That said, I have to advocate more engaging with one’s real environment, and not so much virtual substitutes. I notice “out in the world” that so many people seem to have to be on their smartphones, talking to someone, every waking moment. They are oblivious to the world around them.

Whatever happened to living in the moment and being totally aware of, and engaged with, one’s surroundings?
 
Video games aren’t necessarily evil but they can easily distract you from the dragons of life you’re suppose to slay and the journeys you’re suppose to travel. Real life is the best video game of all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top