Is remembering something sinful you did, them accidentally envisioning it a sin?

• Thread starter Thread starter kylo9293
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems from your posting pattern that you are struggling with scrupulosity. You should not ask these questions here, as that will only make matters worse. Seek help offline from your priest.

Others would be well advised not to continue replying.

You are in my prayers.
-Fr ACEGC
@camoderator

Last edited:
I would say given your post history you need to have a sit down with a Priest once things calm down. I used to batter, and sometimes still do with Scrupulosity and I wonder if that maybe not what’s happening here . I would in the meantime suggest prayer and reading scriptures just sit quietly and let Jesus talk to your heart as well as asking for help and comfort from Our Lady

This isn’t really helpful for someone who is scrupulous.

The scrupulous tend to dwell too much on their sins, both on whether every single present action is a sin, and on past sins and whether they were really forgiven.

It’s best not to attempt to adjudicate these things online and rather encourage the OP to seek help.

Just imagine a revolving door in your mind. Bad thought comes in, send it back out.

You don’t know that this is a young person. It’s likely, but they don’t say that.

And I stand by what I say. Anonymous internet forums are not an appropriate place to get help for matters of conscience or psychological problems.

Also, if you know it’s not my intent to rebuke, please don’t impute that motive to me.

I’ve been ordained for about four years and I have a little bit of training and experience when it comes to these kinds of things. But if you think I’m in the wrong, then feel free to flag my posts and take it up with the moderators.

-Father ACEGC

I would give an example of what I think you mean but it isn’t G rated so I can’t say. Re imaging a lustful act to commit more sin in ones mind is like my priest explained Satan having a hook in you and when he tugs on that line you sin again. You have to get rid of that hook inside of you and confession is a good place to go for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back