Is Tarot occult or under demonic influence?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shanishani7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shanishani7

Guest
I used to learn and play Tarot Cards many years ago, but I was not very devoted into that, so it never affected me. However, a friend of mine who is an atheist played that so often and very devoted to that a few years ago. We even played together before.

She has got mental illness in recent years, and her mother insists she has demonic possession by evil spirits. Actually I often saw her but still could not distinguish if she was mentally ill or demonic possessed. But what I remembered was she always played Tarot Cards and very into it for a few years just before she got mentally ill (or demonic possessed).

So, is Tarot regarded as occult or under demonic influence?
 
What do you mean by “play Tarot cards”? The cards originated as simple playing cards, but most often today, people use them for occult/divination purposes.

So if by “play” you mean that you played some benign card games, then there wouldn’t be a problem.

But if by “play”, you mean that you and your friend used the cards in an occult manner, then there could be problems. Such uses are definitely contrary to living the Christian life and would constitute grave sin.

That said, I would leave it to a priest to determine whether or not someone was demonically possessed. Sometimes a mental illness is just a mental illness.
 
It’s best to stay away from anything that can be linked with the occult. There are safe ways of having fun without risking your salvation.
 
Yes they are occult. For possession to happen there needs to be “permission” given to a spirit to enter the soul. Tarot cards and Ouji Boards are common devices used for this permission.

Following a pretty thorough exam by a Catholic Mental Health professional to rule out clinical diagnosis, a talk with a Priest or Diocesan coordinator of an Exorcist might be in order.
 
So, is Tarot regarded as occult or under demonic influence?
It very well could be. The advice of the others is pretty good. You’d probably want to avoid things associated with divination, tarots, horoscopes, Ouija boards and anything trying to conjure spirits and such. Even if it’s just for fun, dark demonic spirits would probably want you to make them a reality. It’s more fun for them that you’d be lured into their realm. Sad to hear that happened to your friend, hope she could be cured. You at least are aware of the not so good things that can happen and can be protected by the Spirit of life and truth.
 
I used to learn and play Tarot Cards many years ago, but I was not very devoted into that, so it never affected me. However, a friend of mine who is an atheist played that so often and very devoted to that a few years ago. We even played together before.

She has got mental illness in recent years, and her mother insists she has demonic possession by evil spirits. Actually I often saw her but still could not distinguish if she was mentally ill or demonic possessed. But what I remembered was she always played Tarot Cards and very into it for a few years just before she got mentally ill (or demonic possessed).

So, is Tarot regarded as occult or under demonic influence?
I’m sorry, I do not want to be rude. But tarrot is nothing but probability and combinatorics. (Binomial Theorem)

From google: “There is no official tarot deck. Decks come in many different forms, but the “standard” deck has 78 cards with 22 Major Arcana and 56 Minor Arcana cards divided into 4 suits”

From me:

One set universe of 78 with 3 more subsets used for counting in this number universe.
In probability and game theory we call this counting.

How many ways can we arrange these 78 spaces for counting
with respect to these sub sets of 4, 22 and 56. To have a desired outcome.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ …_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

this is generally how these games are played.

Has nothing to do with any kind of spiritual influence, in my opinion. Its all discrete random variables. All superstition for those who are not as well rounded in mathematics.

None of it means anything. Just random Variables, produced by outcomes that are True or False.

Tell me what reading you want? When I have some down time, I’ll calculate your probability of having that reading. Or I’ll write you a program to calculate it yourself.

Cheers! and God bless,
 
Hi Shanishan,

Yes, Tarot cards are part of the occult. They are used in divination and “fortune-telling.” As far as demonic possession, I would say that anything is possible. You would definitely want to stay away from them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top