Is the Navarre Old Testament good reading for a catholic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brett1980
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the New Testament Expanded Edition and its great.

What are your thoughts on this:

catholiccompany.com/navarre-bible-old-testament-complete-set-p1011064/

Should I bother reading the old testament commentry or is just having a familiarity with the old testament enough for a catholic?
You can never have too much immersion in the Word of God! And familiarity with the Old Testament gives so much insight into the New Covenant. If you can afford it and will use it - go for it!
 
I just bought the New Testament Expanded Edition and its great.

What are your thoughts on this:

catholiccompany.com/navarre-bible-old-testament-complete-set-p1011064/

Should I bother reading the old testament commentry or is just having a familiarity with the old testament enough for a catholic?
I have the whole set, Old Testament and the New and they are very good. The Navarre commentary has very good introductions to the books and the notes are a very good blend of historical and theological, with a lot of references to the Church Fathers, the Catechism and writings of the Popes. And Navarre uses the RSV-CE as the Bible text, and includes the Latin text of the New Vulgate at the bottom of each page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top