Is there a catechism quote saying we can have saints/angels pray for us?

• Thread starter Thread starter jasonconners7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jasonconners7

I am very sick and it seems to help when I ask Raphael to pray for me/help me I just want to be sure it is appropriate to ask a Saint for help.

956 The intercession of the saints . “Being more closely united to Christ, those who dwell in heaven fix the whole Church more firmly in holiness. . . . They do not cease to intercede with the Father for us, as they proffer the merits which they acquired on earth through the one mediator between God and men, Christ Jesus. . . . So by their fraternal concern is our weakness greatly helped.”

Do not weep, for I shall be more useful to you after my death and I shall help you then more effectively than during my life.

I want to spend my heaven in doing good on earth.

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/para/956.htm

336 From its beginning until death, human life is surrounded by their watchful care and intercession. “Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life.” Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united in God.

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/para/336.htm

Yes. As cited you can ask saints to pray. It seems from your posts you are really into archangels, and that’s fine. But it would be a mistake to think they are somehow more powerful than human saints. For Mary is the most powerful and countless human saints have dealt with illnesses that angels never have. So while I encourage you to pray to Raphael if you wish and it’s powerful, there may be saints that are more familiar with illnesses.

What makes you think it would not be appropriate to pray for a saint’s intercession for a Christian in distress?

My pastor and family told me not to that I should just pray to God…

I believe the catechism is true though and the example of saints/popes though which say that I can ask saints to intercede for me.

Well, it follows that your Baptist pastor should discourage veneration of saints. You are on a Catholic forum, so you will not experience any resistance from us on that point.

My pastor and family told me not to that I should just pray to God…

I believe the catechism is true though and the example of saints/popes though which say that I can ask saints to intercede for me.
You should become Catholic 🙂 God loves your family and your pastor but the CC was founded by Jesus Christ and you can receive Jesus Christ in Holy Communion once you’re confirmed.

Peace.

Last edited:
The angels and saints are our helpers. We always have recourse to them.

I think there is a lot of information there what he said about Peter was interesting.

30 AD Death and Resurrection of Jesus
30-37 Peter head of the Church in Jerusalem
38-39 Peter’s Missionary journeys along Mediterranean Coast and Samaria
40-41 Peter in Antioch
42 Imprisonment in Jerusalem and departure to “another place.’
42-49 First sojourn to Rome
49 Expulsion from Rome by edict of Claudius
49-50 In Jerusalem for the Apostolic Council (Acts 15)
50–54 In Antioch, Bithynia, Pontus, Asia, and Cappadocia (or some of them)
54–57 Second sojourn in Rome; Gospel of Mark written under Peter’s direction
57–62 In Bithynia, Pontus, and Cappadocia (or some of them); Mark in Alexandria, Egypt
62–67 Third sojourn in Rome; canonical Epistles of Peter; Mark with Peter in Rome
67 Martyrdom in Rome and burial near the Necropolis at the Vatican

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back