B
BetrayedHusband
Guest
My wife of 8 years recently told me that she had an 18 month affair with a co-worker. She told me that she started the affair initially because she liked the flattery that this co-worker provided. She did not have any intentions of leaving me but once she was in the affair she fell in love with this man and became distance with me. Their affair is over, she has admitted the truth after much lying about it (even after it was discovered).
This affair has crushed me deeply, I love my wife and I am truly committed to here and our vows. I was not raised to believe in divorce and I know I am supposed to forgive but are there limits to forgiveness? I ask because…
After she told me about this affair she clarified details about a previous affair she had 4 years ago. I had already forgiven her for this affair 4 years ago but then she revealed some startling details about it.
I am trying to forgive and we both are willing to seek counseling but this is starting to feel like she is emotionally abusing me, not sure if I can take any more of this.
This affair has crushed me deeply, I love my wife and I am truly committed to here and our vows. I was not raised to believe in divorce and I know I am supposed to forgive but are there limits to forgiveness? I ask because…
After she told me about this affair she clarified details about a previous affair she had 4 years ago. I had already forgiven her for this affair 4 years ago but then she revealed some startling details about it.
I am trying to forgive and we both are willing to seek counseling but this is starting to feel like she is emotionally abusing me, not sure if I can take any more of this.
