Is there a special prayer to St Jude?

• Thread starter Thread starter Flopfoot
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flopfoot

I heard that St. Jude is the patron saint of lost causes, or hope for the hopeless, or something like that. So I thought it would be a good idea to pray to him for help with my exams. Is there a special prayer I should pray?

40.png
Flopfoot:
I heard that St. Jude is the patron saint of lost causes, or hope for the hopeless, or something like that. So I thought it would be a good idea to pray to him for help with my exams. Is there a special prayer I should pray?
There are several but this one is a Novena Prayer to be prayed for 9 consecutive days.

Oh Holy St Jude, Apostle and Martyr,
great in virtue and rich in miracles, near
kinsman of Jesus Christ, faithful intercessor
of all who invoke your special help in time of
need. To you I have recourse from the depth
of my heart and humbly request assistance.
Help me in my present and urgent petition.
In return, I promise to make your name
known and cause you to be invoked.

You pray that prayer then make your petition.

Then you say three Our fathers, three hail Marys,
and three Glorias

This is good timing then… my exam is on Friday, so if I include today and the morning of the exam, then that will be 9 days exactly. Thanks!

Do I have to hold up my part of the prayer (promise to make your name known) specifically during these 9 days of praying, or just in general?

40.png
Flopfoot:
This is good timing then… my exam is on Friday, so if I include today and the morning of the exam, then that will be 9 days exactly. Thanks!

Do I have to hold up my part of the prayer (promise to make your name known) specifically during these 9 days of praying, or just in general?
Just in general.

40.png
Flopfoot:

Don’t forget to make his name known. A simple. Thank You St Jude in your campus newspaper will work.

Flopfoot, here’s an oldie but goodie for the night before the test:

Now I lay me down to rest,
I pray I’ll pass tomorrow’s test.
If I should die before I wake–
That’s one less test I’ll have to take!

Seriously, good luck and God bless. . .and don’t forget good study habits, proper diet and a full night’s sleep.

Hooray, got the results back today, I passed anatomy!

Thank you St Jude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back