Mary_Gail_36
New member
This Lenten season, there is a new “program” at our parish.
I don’t recall the exact title, but what it involves is a family brings home a chalice for it to be a focal point of prayer. There was a description of the program in the bulletin, stating that it would be a consecrated chalice, and that nothing should be put into it.
I’m a little confused, if the chalice is consecrated, doesn’t it mean that it should only be used at Mass for the Liturgy of the Eucharist?
If it isn’t a correct, and licit practice, is there any resource i could use as a reference?
Thank you in advance for your help.
I don’t recall the exact title, but what it involves is a family brings home a chalice for it to be a focal point of prayer. There was a description of the program in the bulletin, stating that it would be a consecrated chalice, and that nothing should be put into it.
I’m a little confused, if the chalice is consecrated, doesn’t it mean that it should only be used at Mass for the Liturgy of the Eucharist?
If it isn’t a correct, and licit practice, is there any resource i could use as a reference?
Thank you in advance for your help.