Is this moral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kephart
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kephart

Guest
I’ve posted a few times in the Prayer Intentions about my life, but it’s getting worse.

We have no place to live and only a week or so in our current home.
We have bad credit due to illness, short sales and job loss. So while
we could swing the deposit, no one will rent to us because of that.

Our one and only car blew up today-- BLEW UP! Metal, fire, smoke, etc. It cannot be repaired. I sat on the curb and watched all of the oil pour out of the engine. It already needed $3000 worth of work, so it would be over $5000 to get it running safe. To me that means… “it’s DEAD Jim…!”

We lost everything in the depression and still haven’t caught up.

So here’s my question: In these circumstances, would it be wrong to use “GoFund Me” or some similar site? I usually try to refuse taking help from anyone, but these problems have hinted at this being a pride problem.

So… would it be immoral/unethical for me to use one of those funding sites?

I mean, I HAVE TO TRY to do something…:crying:
 
No problem at all. Go Fund Me is for anyone to ask whatever they want - if people want to conribute they will.
 
Hi Kephart,

There are community resources that you can go to for help, too.

You should not feel too proud to ask for help. That is what these resources are there for-to help people when they need it. 🙂

If you haven’t tried any of these places, I would definitely give them a try. It’s not too late.

First, there is your local parish. Parishes usually know what services are available in the local community.

Most parishes also have a chapter of the St. Vincent De Paul Society, where parishioners can go for help.

There is also Catholic Charities, too.
 
There is nothing immoral in asking for help; try your local Catholic Charities they have the resources to help in these situations. :hug3: Things will get better for you, keep praying.
 
Also, St. Vincent DePaul has a car program. They give cars to needy people. Call them and ask about the car program.
I will pray for you as well…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top