Is this Okay??

• Thread starter Thread starter pixie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pixie

Would like advice please.
I have been supporting a friend for a couple of years now through a real bad patch in her life, during a looong conversation about faith without thinking I suggested she might find the help she needs through the sacred heart of Jesus prayers. I am so pleased that she is actually giving this some thought but because she is not a catholic ( or any other denomination) I am now worried that I have done something wrong…
If she is serious and asks again can she use this devotion???:confused:

I don’t know the answer, but it sounds like a good question for Ask the Apologist 🙂

40.png
pixie:
I have been supporting a friend for a couple of years now through a real bad patch in her life, during a looong conversation about faith without thinking I suggested she might find the help she needs through the sacred heart of Jesus prayers. I am so pleased that she is actually giving this some thought but because she is not a catholic ( or any other denomination) I am now worried that I have done something wrong…
There is nothing wrong with helping someone in prayer…maybe through prayer this person will come to know Jesus the way you do. I might suggest you pray with this person. Talk to them about your faith. Encourage them to go to Mass with you.

Maybe this link would be helpful for your friend…
catholic.com/library/How_to_Become_a_Catholic.asp

Pope John Paul II has said often: “Open wide your heart to Jesus Christ.”

If something is missing in your life, if there is an emptiness you cannot explain, know that Jesus Christ can fill the void. Think about finding him in the Catholic Church, the Church Jesus Himself founded 2,000 years ago.

Open your heart. Listen for His call, and go to him. However far away you may feel, you are never too distant from the God who made you. The call is there, inside you. The way is there, in Christ’s Church and in His cross, which shine like beacons of hope into the emptiness and confusion of this upside-down age.

The time to return to the Father’s house, now more than ever, is today. This hour. This moment.

Never be afraid to share your faith. Good job God bless you
Pete
😃

What? You’re thinking that devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus should be limited only to those with a ticket of admission from the Catholic Church? C’mon! Anybody can pray to Our Lord. Encourage her and join her!

40.png
pixie:
of course, the Sacred Heart of Jesus is open to all and He invites all to partake in His love. Of course she cannot receive holy communion on first Fridays or have the benefit of the sacrament of confession yet, but the prayers and litany are praises all Christians can confidently offer to Him. Same with the rosary, all Christians are called to emulate Mary in her perfect conformity to God’s will and plan for her life, and to ask her to lead them to Jesus.

Thank you to everyone who has replied you have helped clear a little niggling thought. And I am so relieved I don’t have to back pedal with her.

I know she’ll find the solace she needs through Our Lord and I hope through time, with some gentle nudging in the right direction and her own experiences she will find her way to the Church.
Thanks again
Maggi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back