Is this site legitimately the official website of the Diocese of Mostar-Duvno?

• Thread starter Thread starter nobody
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nobody

cbismo.hr/

If you click on “Medjugorje” on the left, it goes to the bishop’s statment on the alleged apparitions.

Some of the wording seems odd for a bishop to be using, like “mosey on down to Medjugorje”. It may be the translator, though, putting in his/her own western phrases.

I don’t know about your question. I was confused by your statement that the site said
Some of the wording seems odd for a bishop to be using, like “mosey on down to Medjugorje”. It may be the translator, though, putting in his/her own western phrases.
I didn’t find this on the site. I did find the following.
Medjugorje is a parish in the diocese of Mostar-Duvno in Bosnia-Herzegovina, with a population of about 4,000 persons, which has been entrusted to the pastoral care of the Franciscan fathers OFM. From 24 June 1981 onwards, some events have been occurring which many people, some Franciscans included, have attributed to so-called apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who has seemingly presented herself as the “Queen of Peace”.

nobody said:
cbismo.hr/

If you click on “Medjugorje” on the left, it goes to the bishop’s statment on the alleged apparitions.

I couldn’t find anything in English at the site!

If you click on Medjugorje on the left, you’ll see English in the statement.

The paragraph cited
Naďve believers could easily then leave the living fountains of grace in their own parishes **to mosey on down to Medjugorje ** or follow the “seers” around the world, who by the way, thanks to the “apparitions” have good homes and a comfortable existence - at least that’s what the mass-media say.
Can be found 2-3 paragraphs before the end of the article

Thank you, CatholicCid, for posting more thoroughly for me.

To all, doesn’t that paragraph seem odd for a bishop to write?

The site is indeed the web site of the Diocese of Mostar-Duvno…

This is a question of translation from the original Croatian language of Bishop Peric.

The Croatian word voziti, translated, would be to drive, and connotes driving with direction or purpose. Here, though, the word Bishop Peric uses is vozariti, which connotes driving aimlessly or pointlessly, meandering, wandering; hence the translator used the expression to mosey on down.

BTW, the first word in that sentence should read “Naive”.

40.png
Tominellay:
The site is indeed the web site of the Diocese of Mostar-Duvno…
Thank you. Please do not take this as an accusation, but as a sincere desire to get to the truth: How do you know this? It looks like you speak Croatian. Are you from there? What does cbismo mean?

Peace.

I take cbismo to stand for Catholic Bishop of Mostar…I am of Croatian descent.

40.png
Tominellay:
I take cbismo to stand for Catholic Bishop of Mostar…I am of Croatian descent.
That makes two of us that are of Croatian descent, and I spent 2.5 years there from Nov 1980 to Feb 1983. Medjugorje broke out while I was there.

In light of all the calumny, detraction, and mud flinginf at Bishop Peric and his now deceased predecessor, Bishop Zanic, I could no longer entertain the possibility of our Blessed Mother’s involvement because she would never condone such behavior. It shows a complete lack of God’s grace when seers disobey and speak out against the local Bishop.

I do believe this is the true website of the diocese of Mostar-Duvno. The email address cited for him is the same I used when communicating back and forth with him back in June as the Medjugorje deal began to unravel for me. We exchanged several emails, and he asked me to please read his speech at Maynooth in 2004 and strongly encouraged me to read the Michael Davies book, Medjugorje - Twenty One Years Later.

Michael Davies has updated this book to the sixth edition and it is available in its entirety - all 217 pages - online!!! He passed away before it went to print and his family/friends are working to get it published. Until then, they are making it available free, online. The Davies site also includes an english version of the speech at Maynooth Ireland, 2004, along with one other statement he sent in an attachment to me.

People who cling to Medjugorje have no idea how the Holy See approves and disapproves of apparitions. The Bishop has stated that he does not believe anything supernatural is occuring there and a 34 member Bishops conference supported that. His predecessor explicitly forbid public “visions” back in 1994, yet the “seers” continue to see. They have created an undignified circus version of “Gospa on Demand” purportedly seeing the BVM at will, any time, any place in the world - on demand.

I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting to see full length, uncut versions of letters, documents and tape recorded transcripts to discern for themselves. If one removes all commentary by Davies, the book remains about 2/3 full with documents from the Vatican and Diocese, from the Franciscan Order of the priests supporting the “seers” (many of whom have been defrocked or sidelined due to disobedience and other less than virtuous activities). The book also shows people how the Medjugorje websites and supporters are misleading people by omitting a sentence or paragraph here in there, or by only selectively sharing information that is favorable. He gives several examples, so none are needed here by me. I’ll let you read the book.

mdaviesonmedj.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back