Isaiah 62:4 - Forsaken Jerusalem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prince_Hal
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prince_Hal

Guest
[Isaiah 62:4 NAB]*No more shall men call you “Forsaken,or your land “Desolate,But you shall be called “My Delight,and your land “Espoused. For the LORD delights in you, and makes your land his spouse.

How can this scripture be explained in the context of the Romans beseiging Jerusalem in AD73(?), destroy the temple and kill over one million people. The Navarre Bible, Orchard Commentary and the NAB do not assist much on this question.

Any help is as always gratefully received.

Hal.
 
It would seem that the author is talking of the New Zion, or the New Israel. I call that “The Church”.
 
I think I have it. Verses 1 onwards are talking about the future. Jerusalemat a future point in time, after the destruction of the temple, will be redeemed and never called forsaken again. This will be the new Jeruslem the Church.
 
I think I have it. Verses 1 onwards are talking about the future. Jerusalemat a future point in time, after the destruction of the temple, will be redeemed and never called forsaken again. This will be the new Jeruslem the Church.
Context is everything, isn’t it? 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top