Isaiah chapter 9 starting in verse 6 and onward

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mort_Alz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mort_Alz

Guest
I want to know if it is the official Catholic position that this is a prophecy of Christ. I am about to preach a sermon on this verse because I feel that my congregation needs some encouragement in the face of an increasingly anti-Christians news and media and with people like Steven Hawkins and Richard Dawkins publishing horribly written books against us.

Would I be preaching heresy in any way if I said these verses were talking about Christ? And that “the increase of his government and peace there will be no end” is talking about the Church? I’m also planning on mentioning Peter’s confession of Christ and Jesus’ response of “the gates of Hades shall not overcome [the Church]”

Thanks in advance!
 
You will have no heresy when comparing Is 9:6 to Jesus. The authors of the Gospels did the exact same thing, they noted down any and all Messianic prophecies that Jesus fulfilled.

May the Lord inspire you to create a wonderful sermon. The world needs it, and they need to know that we need Jesus, whether human civilization believes He is a myth or not (I am not saying he is, I am just saying that just because a character is fictional does not mean you should not practice the morals). God bless.
 
. . . :bible1: . . .
The Holy Bible

Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Absolutely . . . among Catholic Christians and non-Catholic Christians alike this is accepted as a prophecy of the promised . . . Messiah . . . Jesus . . . the Blessed Christ of God . . . **Second Person of the Holy Trinity **. . . God the Son . . .

The renown composer George Frideric Handel composed his most famous work, the oratorio . . . The Messiah . . . with its . . . "Hallelujah Chorus" . . . a centuries old incredibly blest and graced renown work of choral music which has become the absolute centerpiece in celebration of the Holy Christmas Season . . . the Hallelujah Chorus is entirely based upon the above referenced portion of . . . Sacred :bible1: Scripture . . . wherein Handel put these words to music . . . and they are sung all over the world in the greatest Catholic cathedrals in the world as well as the humblest of Catholic and non-Catholic churches . . . Handel is said to have given all of the praise . . . and all of the glory . . . and all of the credit unto **God **for this phenomenal choral work . . . sharing it was not actually one of his personal compositions . . . but that God had opened up a channel of grace between heaven and earth . . . and he heard a heavenly choir singing the breathtakingly beautiful chorale . . . and that by the grace of God he was able to record the heavenly music in all it’s many parts . . . which exquisite thrilling music has certainly withstood the centuries test of time and then some . . . even down to our day and age . . .

Christ’s coming as the Holy Child was the beginning of the New Testament Age of Grace . . . the **Kingdom of God **. . .

You might play an exerpt of the Halleluia Chorus as a proof . . . *if the area you are speaking in has any electronic equipment available . . . *

May God richly bless . . .

. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank You Gracious Heavenly Father+
. . . thank You Precious Saviour our Lord+
. . . thank You Sweet Spirit of our Holy God+
​
 
I want to know if it is the official Catholic position that this is a prophecy of Christ. I am about to preach a sermon on this verse because I feel that my congregation needs some encouragement in the face of an increasingly anti-Christians news and media and with people like Steven Hawkins and Richard Dawkins publishing horribly written books against us.

Would I be preaching heresy in any way if I said these verses were talking about Christ? And that “the increase of his government and peace there will be no end” is talking about the Church? I’m also planning on mentioning Peter’s confession of Christ and Jesus’ response of “the gates of Hades shall not overcome [the Church]”

Thanks in advance!
God bless you and your congregation. May God use you as an instrument of his love. ❤️
“Who has cupped in his hand the waters of the sea, and marked off the heavens with a span? Who has held in a measure the dust of the earth, weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance? Who has directed the spirit of the Lord, or has instructed has his counselor? Whom did he consult to gain knowledge? Who taught him the path of judgement, or showed him the way of understanding? Behold, the nations count as a drop of the bucket, as dust on the scales; the coast lands weigh no more than powder.” Isaiah 40: 12-15
God has surely not abandoned us; No amount of government abuse can destroy the sturdy foundation of his Church!
 
=Mort Alz;8046047]I want to know if it is the official Catholic position that this is a prophecy of Christ. I am about to preach a sermon on this verse because I feel that my congregation needs some encouragement in the face of an increasingly anti-Christians news and media and with people like Steven Hawkins and Richard Dawkins publishing horribly written books against us.
Would I be preaching heresy in any way if I said these verses were talking about Christ? And that “the increase of his government and peace there will be no end” is talking about the Church? I’m also planning on mentioning Peter’s confession of Christ and Jesus’ response of “the gates of Hades shall not overcome [the Church]”
Thanks in advance!
The shortest answer I can give is to ask you please to GOOGLE
haydock1859.tripod.com

There’s your answer in detail:)

God Bless you and THANKS for asking,

Pat
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top