P
Pray4Life
Guest
Hi everyone! As the title says, I am looking for an examination of conscience that would be good for a scrupulous person preparing for confession. As I have said in some of my other posts in these forums, I have struggled with scrupulosity for years and preparing for confession can be very difficult.
For a long while, I used the examination by Fr. Altier. To make a long story short, this was one of the worst things to ever happen to me spiritually as I was already scrupulous when I found it and my scruples were fed and magnified a thousand fold. A couple of months ago, I finally wised up to the dangers it was posing to my scrupulous self, tore the thing up and threw it away.
That, admittedly along with other things, has advanced me a great deal on the road to recovery, but I have been phobic about using examinations ever since and just generally think over the ten commandments and confess the things that have been bothering me most. I am never sure about mortal sins (nature of the disease, I’m afraid) so I just do my best, but I could really use a little more structure and direction than my own scaredy-cat meandering (but not as much as Fr. Altier was inclined to give!) I just need something that is* common sense *and applies to most people’s ordinary, workaday, lives. If there is anything that specifically addresses mothers, that would also be excellent, though obviously it is not a requirement.
Any ideas?
For a long while, I used the examination by Fr. Altier. To make a long story short, this was one of the worst things to ever happen to me spiritually as I was already scrupulous when I found it and my scruples were fed and magnified a thousand fold. A couple of months ago, I finally wised up to the dangers it was posing to my scrupulous self, tore the thing up and threw it away.
That, admittedly along with other things, has advanced me a great deal on the road to recovery, but I have been phobic about using examinations ever since and just generally think over the ten commandments and confess the things that have been bothering me most. I am never sure about mortal sins (nature of the disease, I’m afraid) so I just do my best, but I could really use a little more structure and direction than my own scaredy-cat meandering (but not as much as Fr. Altier was inclined to give!) I just need something that is* common sense *and applies to most people’s ordinary, workaday, lives. If there is anything that specifically addresses mothers, that would also be excellent, though obviously it is not a requirement.
Any ideas?