Israel Prophecy in the Bible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PunnyProtestant
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PunnyProtestant

Guest
I heard a while back that when Israel got there country back after World War 2, that this was actually mentioned in the bible, that it was told Israel would return to their country.

Any thoughts?
 
The Israel of today is a secular Israel. IMO, it has nothing to do with God gathering all of Israel back together.

I think this was done with the Catholic Church, which was the “end of the Age” for Israel. The New Covenant Church started a new age in Salvation history.
 
I agree with “…it has nothing to do with God gathering all of Israel back together. I think this was done with the Catholic Church, which was the “end of the Age” for Israel. The New Covenant Church started a new age in Salvation history.”

I think the statements concern the conversion of the Jewish heart toward Christianity. Which we are seeing more of today, Jews for Jesus, the Messianic Jews and those who convert into denominations and Catholicism.
 
The manufactured state of Israel alot of ways reminds me of Moses striking the rock twice, to get water. The commandment was “Speak to the rock” (in so many words) not “Wail on the Rock till water comes out”

Likewise… Revelations and other prophetic books specifically tell us GOD will establish the Holy city and gather his people - I dont believe that has happened, and we certainly dont see a temple (which, is un necessary, given that the Word became flesh, but I digress, ).

To establish it, by human means is contrary to what we know in scripture, and as such, is not fulfillment of prophecy.
 
😃

"The commandment was “Speak to the rock” (in so many words) not “Wail on the Rock till water comes out.”

😃
 
I heard a while back that when Israel got there country back after World War 2, that this was actually mentioned in the bible, that it was told Israel would return to their country.

Any thoughts?
I think you might be on to something here. What other nation was dispersed across the earth only to start to regather in their ancient homeland(as prophesy foretold) thousands of years later?

I wouldn’t worry about the fact that they come back looking secular. Even the fact how secular the means they are being let in the land of Israel. After all, they were dispersed by unbelieving nations.

Hardened Israel was judged and dispersed from their land because of unbelief. In short, they are being regathered to show the nations it is the God of Israel who is the only God(Ezekiel 36).
 
I think you might be on to something here. What other nation was dispersed across the earth only to start to regather in their ancient homeland(as prophesy foretold) thousands of years later?

I wouldn’t worry about the fact that they come back looking secular. Even the fact how secular the means they are being let in the land of Israel. After all, they were dispersed by unbelieving nations.

Hardened Israel was judged and dispersed from their land because of unbelief. In short, they are being regathered to show the nations it is the God of Israel who is the only God(Ezekiel 36).
Hmmm… I thought Israel has already been gathered in from all the nations and given the Promised Land, where they could enter into God’s rest.

The Israelite who converts to Catholicism is like the caterpillar that becomes the butterfly. This began at Pentecost and it continues today!

This does not happen in Israel today.
23 ****** I will prove the holiness of my great name, profaned among the nations, in whose midst you have profaned it. Thus the nations shall know that I am the LORD, says the Lord GOD, when in their sight I prove my holiness through you.*** 24 ****** For I will take you away from among the nations, gather you from all the foreign lands, and bring you back to your own land.****** 25 ****** I will sprinkle clean water upon you to cleanse you from all your impurities, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.****** 26 ****** I will give you a new heart and place a new spirit within you, taking from your bodies your stony hearts and giving you natural hearts.****** 27 ****** I will put my spirit within you and make you live by my statutes, careful to observe my decrees.****** 28 ****** You shall live in the land I gave your fathers; you shall be my people, and I will be your God.****** 29 ****** I will save you from all your impurities; I will order the grain to be abundant, and I will not send famine against you***.
Let’s see, verse 24 sounds exactly like what happened at Pentecost.
And verses 25 - 27 sound incredibly like Baptism; more specifically the exhortations that St. Peter gave to the Jews before baptizing them at Pentecost.
 
One should worry that its secular though, in regards to interpreting prophecy, because the prophecy is somewhat specific - God restores the land (figuratively speaking). He doesnt need help from any nation, and will do it in his own time

Look at the listing 'You shall live in the Land I GIVE" , this implies action on His part, not ours. IN many ways it speaks to Grace as well, but I digress

Also, along with “Israel coming back to the promised land”, many people have a misconception that the temple will be restored, the actual hard, stone temple

In Jesus Christ, this is no longer needed. He is the Temple of the Word. He is the Living Sacrifice given once and for all for us

The notion of a temple, at this point is inconsequential. Even in Revelation it talks about the Lamb being slain - It makes no mention of the old temple rights being restored…nor does it mention any of them

You cannot simply apply the scriptures to one ethnic group - In Christ there is no Gentile or Jew, there is only the believer. The scriptures have to apply to all believers or in my opinion we miss something
 
The Patriarchs realized that earth was not their true home and so longed for a dwelling more glorious and lasting (Heb 11:10, 15-16). This includes the Judges and Monarchy who were in the promised land (Heb 11:32-34).

Yet all these, though approved because of their faith, did not receive what had been promised. (Heb 11:39)

The righteous of the OT had to wait until Christ opened up heaven before they could enter the inheritance they saw from a distance. The earthly land, city, and santuary were only a symbol of the true inheritance.

No, you have approached Mount Zion and the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and countless angels in festal gathering, and the assembly of the firstborn enrolled in heaven, and God the judge of all, and the spirits of the just made perfect, and Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and the sprinkled blood that speaks more eloquently than that of Abel. (Heb 12:22-24)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top