It was the Year of the Eucharist; what is it this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter Peace_Pilgrim
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peace_Pilgrim

The liturgical year that just ended was the Year of the Eucharist; what is it this year?

Beginning with advent this Church year is the Year of Grace.

Was this announced somewhere? What does it mean? Year of the Eucharist and Year of the Rosary were pretty self-explanatory. Will more frequent Confessions be the emphasis?

I don’t think this is true. Pope JP II called the Year of the Eucharist “this year of Grace” in his Apostolic letter extolling the Eucharist, there is no other mention of it on the Vatican website that I can find - and this would be big news to be broadly proclaimed if announced.

Would you please elaborate? Grace is another of those slippery, hard-to-p(name removed by moderator)oint-what-it-means words for a new Catholic.

It was clear what the Eucharist is…what is Grace as it is meant here: The Church’s Holy Year of Grace, 2006?

Thank you for helping this neophyte who wishes to know, love and serve God.

I’m looking at the liturical wheel with the heading “the Year of Grace 2006” at the top.

I’m looking at my old liturical wheel, which has the heading of “The Year of the Eucharist 2005” at the top.

**Don’t know how scientific or theological that answer is for you all, but that’s where I got my answer.🙂 **

I’ll go have a look-see to see if I can find details…

Alrighty… I’ve asked around the grapevine at church and here’s the general understanding (for whatever that’s worth!):

EVERY year is a “year of grace” unless specificly named otherwise. Kind of like the old phrase, “The Year of our Lord”. Every year was the “Year of our Lord”.

Again, don’t know how perfect that answer is, but that’s what I’ve got.

A belated thank you for your researched reply. I appreciate that you took the time and made the effort to help me.

**Grace ** is a beautiful word that I am learning and understanding every day. In the town I live people name their houses. This summer we named ours “Amazing Grace” – my husband and I could so relate to the lyric, “I once was lost, but now am found.”

Our god-grandbaby is expected soon. Her name? Makena Grace!

May this be a Year of Grace for you and yours!

By God’s Grace, I am.

Peace Pilgrim, a friend of mine rather fittingly described Grace as: “the Love of God within us”. When we sin against God we lose grace. His Grace (his love within us) inspires us and calls us toward the good of others and toward the love of God.

His Grace (his love within us) moves us to perfect contrition.
His love within us moves us to love others also. His grace inspires us to revolt against sin and strive for rectitude with God. Hope this helps clarify grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back