It's ok to a Catholic play Chess?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChessPlayer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Seriously?

The questions that show up on these forums are down right funny, disturbing, and ridiculous at times.
 
Absolutely agree there is nothing wrong with playing chess. I have several sets including a nice stone one (not sure but think it’s alabaster) my father got from the Middle East while in the Navy, a wood one, also procured while in the Navy, and a Lord of the Rings and Transformers set. I wished I would have gotten the Harry Potter set and Star Wars set when I had the chance. I suppose I can check eBay and such, just don’t want to pay any unreasonable mark up.
 
This is the kind of superstition that fuels Protestantism. You need to get a grip mate, people have been playing chess for centuries the game migrated to Europe from the far east.

How do you think the King, bishops and knight got on the board, they were adapted by the Christian Europeans who adopted the game.

Scrupulosity is a sin
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top