J
jamil_joseph02
Guest
I have been told by a “born-again” Christian again and again “Accepting Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to the Father which is in HEAVEN.No religion or religions will enter to Heaven BECAUSE religions are man made for popularity,prestige,and most of ALL is MONEY.”
"The Catholic religion has nothing to offer in terms of Salvation because of TRADITION…Salvation is found through Christ only because in John 14:6 he said I am the WAY,the TRUTH,and the LIFE.
Don’t be mixed up with Jesus and religion.The two are opposed to each other."
**
then when I showed up James 1:27 to show that there is such a religion which God accepts, and which I think opposes his claims, he responded this:**
“James 1:27 are all Jews. Read them again starting from verse 1-27.The book of James is a TRIBULATIONAL CONTEXT. The book of James does not apply to a Catholic religion.”
“The Jews are not Catholics for your information. The Jews in that passage “PURE RELIGION”…acceptable by God-because they are required to do good works. It did not mean they are going to heaven because they still have to deal with God in Revelation 22 by doing good works and keeping the commandments sort of OT times.”
what should I say then?
(** This is James 1:27 by the way**: “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” )
"The Catholic religion has nothing to offer in terms of Salvation because of TRADITION…Salvation is found through Christ only because in John 14:6 he said I am the WAY,the TRUTH,and the LIFE.
Don’t be mixed up with Jesus and religion.The two are opposed to each other."
**
then when I showed up James 1:27 to show that there is such a religion which God accepts, and which I think opposes his claims, he responded this:**
“James 1:27 are all Jews. Read them again starting from verse 1-27.The book of James is a TRIBULATIONAL CONTEXT. The book of James does not apply to a Catholic religion.”
“The Jews are not Catholics for your information. The Jews in that passage “PURE RELIGION”…acceptable by God-because they are required to do good works. It did not mean they are going to heaven because they still have to deal with God in Revelation 22 by doing good works and keeping the commandments sort of OT times.”
what should I say then?
(** This is James 1:27 by the way**: “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” )