Jesuits and lying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montie_Claunch

Guest
I was told about this thing called “Expostion of uncontrovered opinoin in moral theology (sp ?)” in the book The Jesuits by Father Antoine Escobar of Menoza. which is supposed to tell us that the Jeuits could lie about anything they wanted under any circumstances and cause havoc within the world. I tried googleing it up but, I couldn’t find it anywhere. Has anyone heard of this? Could anyone help me formulate a proper response to the fundamentalist gentleman? Thanks and God bless.
 
["]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Escobar_y_Mendoza"]](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Escobar_y_Mendoza)
The Summula was severely criticised by Blaise Pascal in the fifth and sixth of his Provincial Letters, as tending to inculcate a loose system of morality. It contains the famous maxim that purity of intention may be a justification of actions which are in themselves contrary to the moral code and to human laws; and its general tendency is to find excuses for human frailties. His doctrines were disapproved of by many Catholics, and were mildly condemned by Rome. They were also ridiculed in witty verses by Moliere, Boileau and La Fontaine, and gradually the name Escobar came to signify in France any person who is adroit in making the rules of morality harmonize with his own interests, a casuist.
 
Montie,

Anti-Catholics have written so many outright lies about the Jesuits that if an anti-Catholic said that the Jesuits taught the doctrine of the Trinity I would ask for a Catholic source to confirm the statement.
  • Liberian
 
Montie,

Anti-Catholics have written so many outright lies about the Jesuits that if an anti-Catholic said that the Jesuits taught the doctrine of the Trinity I would ask for a Catholic source to confirm the statement.
  • Liberian
:rotfl:
So TRUE!
I’ll bet that this claim about the Jesuits came from none other than the infamous anti-Catholic, Jack Chick!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top