G
Gusto
Guest
I have come across a few protestants say the following or something like it:
The primary fundamental of the Gospel is that Christ laid aside his attributes as God and humbled Himself to be a servant and die for the sins of the whole world and paid the ransom for all and especially them that believe in HIM.
The main issue with the above statement is dealing with Jesus laying aside His attributes as God.
Now this is not something I have not heard too often and I am not quite sure as how to understand it.
Part of me thinks it is sounding a little Arian in its tone and they have seperated His divinity and humanity.
Then I think it may be what they have come up with to counter the Churches teaching that Mary is the Mother of God.
Any insights?
The primary fundamental of the Gospel is that Christ laid aside his attributes as God and humbled Himself to be a servant and die for the sins of the whole world and paid the ransom for all and especially them that believe in HIM.
The main issue with the above statement is dealing with Jesus laying aside His attributes as God.
Now this is not something I have not heard too often and I am not quite sure as how to understand it.
Part of me thinks it is sounding a little Arian in its tone and they have seperated His divinity and humanity.
Then I think it may be what they have come up with to counter the Churches teaching that Mary is the Mother of God.
Any insights?