Jesus in Heaven

• Thread starter Thread starter Greg_McPherran
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greg_McPherran

Hello,

When people get to heaven, will they see Jesus as a glorified body and the Father and Holy Spirit as persons in spirit form?

Does Jesus still have marks in His body from crucifixion? If so, then won’t all people have the same scars they had on earth when their bodies are glorified?

Greg

good question. i’ve heard many answers to this, but the best source for answers to any and all questions about heaven are readily found in peter kreeft’s book ‘everything you ever wanted to know about heaven’. he quotes cs lewis on every other page (just about). this is the best treatment of heaven i’ve ever read. and i read on it alot.

40.png
Greg_McPherran:
Hello,

When people get to heaven, will they see Jesus as a glorified body and the Father and Holy Spirit as persons in spirit form?
In Heaven you see the Blessed Trinity and you also see the sacred humanity of Jesus, both his body and soul. So you would see Jesus in both his divine nature in the Blessed Trinity and also in his human nature in both his body and soul. With the exception of some saints we don’t see invisible spiritual realities while on earth but in Heaven we will be able to see them. In addition to seeing God and the humanity of Jesus, we will also see Mary and all the choirs of angels and the saints.
Does Jesus still have marks in His body from crucifixion?
Peter Kreeft seems to think that He does, but I don’t think so. Jimmy Akin mentioned once in his blog that he thought that resurrected persons would have the ability to change their bodily form at will.
If so, then won’t all people have the same scars they had on earth when their bodies are glorified?
People won’t have all the scars they had. Our glorifed resurrected bodies are supposed to free from all defects. They are also supposed to perfectly express the beauty of the soul. And the more beautiful a soul is the more beautiful its resurrected body will be.

Hello and thank you (thank you also Jeff),
40.png
tuopaolo:
In Heaven you see the Blessed Trinity and you also see the sacred humanity of Jesus, both his body and soul. So you would see Jesus in both his divine nature in the Blessed Trinity and also in his human nature in both his body and soul. With the exception of some saints we don’t see invisible spiritual realities while on earth but in Heaven we will be able to see them. In addition to seeing God and the humanity of Jesus, we will also see Mary and all the choirs of angels and the saints.
Will we relate to God in Jesus? Or we will relate to all three persons of the trinity as distinct persons. In other words could we say hello to Jesus, hello the to the Father, and hello to the Holy Spirit?
40.png
tuopaolo:
People won’t have all the scars they had. Our glorifed resurrected bodies are supposed to free from all defects. They are also supposed to perfectly express the beauty of the soul. And the more beautiful a soul is the more beautiful its resurrected body will be.
Jesus showed Thomas His wounds, yet I would think after the resurrection, Jesus would have no scars.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back