• Thread starter Thread starter humble_spirit
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
humble spirit:
is jesus god, ipray to him but i get no answer:(
Maybe you’re asking the wrong question.

Maybe the answer is, “No.”

Maybe the answer is forthcoming, and you need to be more patient.

– Mark L. Chance.

sorry, I could not read the blue stuff on my old computer and I thought this was a thread about the Jesus Seminar - Funk, Crossan, Meier and that crew of wierdos.

humble spirit:
jesus is not god: Jesus is God.
I pray to Him, and I *do *get answers. Well technically… I pray to the Father, in Jesus’ name, and then…

Now perhaps if you’d use more capital letters in reference to holy matters (like a good humble spirit!), you’d actually get some answers.

And also, here’s the key: religion is religion, and it is very good. But God is God: He ain’t a machine. There are real Persons looking at you from Heaven, and just trust me, they know a lot more about you than you know about them. God loves you very much “humble spirit.” He is more eager for you to know Truth than you could ever be.

:bible1: :getholy:

jason

Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are one, and yes you will always have an answer, sometimes the answer is no. We can’t begin to imagine why however there are reasons for suffering and “unanswered prayers”. The problem is we sometimes forget that no is also an answer. Also whatever your prayer is, is it for yourself, someone else, and if so are there selfish reasons you want the prayer answered. If we pray for someone for selfish reasons then…When you were a child and your parents told you “no”, you did not understand why, harbored anger and frustration, however later you discovered the reason for that answer. It is the same with our Lord, and the answer, and reason will come in time.

Hey humble spirit
Ive actually thought about if
God is really listening to me
and my prayers…
but…ive concluded
that he may not answer
my prayers in the way that I want…
but he answers them his way…
if i got my way, all the time
who knows what could go on??
LOL…

anyways…be patient and listen for God
…he will be there for you no matter what!!:angel1::bowdown:

40.png
love-bias:
But God is God: He ain’t a machine… He is more eager for you to know Truth than you could ever be.
whoops… sorry 'bout that: when I said “He,” I was thinking in my mind of the Father. There are indeed three distinct Persons in the Trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
“humble spirit” please read this if I confused you:
catholic.com/thisrock/2001/0101sbs.asp

again, sorry about that.

:o
jason

humble spirit:
All of us have the experence of praying and praying while receiving no answer. Also, all of us have at times prayed and received an answer right away. Jesus is a person who is God. A God Person, like the other persons you know who love you , can be exasperating but don’t give up Him. First, ask Him to let you know Him. When we know someone we know what they are like–what pleases them and what drives them crazy.

Is the thing you are praying for something you could tell us about? If not find a good Christian friend and tell them . See what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back