• Thread starter Thread starter Jade
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jade

Hello Friends!

May Christ be with you all!
I was watching a documentry last night about 12 university students who went to the Middle East to interview people and find out for themselves if it is possiable for the three monotheistic religions of the world to exsist in peace.
Of these 12, some were Jews, Muslims and Christians (protostants and Catholics, as well as a Syrian Christian.
It was their expirence that young people in the Middle East, from all three faiths wanted to take steps toward peace and were activly doing so.
What is your opinion on this? Personally, I think it can be done. The show focused on answering what is Mercy, Compassion and Trust mean to each religion and how do they carry it out in every day life.
One student made an interestng comment. They were walking through Egypt on their way to Mt. Sinai ( a holy place for all the three religions) and one of them commented on how they understand now, how the “Children of Abraham” (namely the three religions in question) have such deep strong convictions with little ‘pomp and cerimony’. He said that being a desert religion, originating in the desert, you had to have a strong faith…b/c the land is so barren and harsh. He compaired it to the Buddists’ and the beautiful way they celebrate their religion- the Children of Abraham had to rely solely on their faith grounded in land that is, on the surface, bare and rocky and barren.
I thought that was an interesting comment.

I thought I’d share with you- it got me thinking.

Have a great Day!!

We should alway look for peace amongst the different religions. Am I missing something? I didn’t see anything about syncretism here. We are still the Church Militant. We are meant to be soldiers of Christ, and as such our role is to bring all men to Christ and the knowledge of the truth.
But this is to be achieved by peaceful means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back