J
japhy
Guest
Which is why I said that humor in the homily can serve a purpose. But I don’t think Jesus was telling jokes in the synagogues and the Temple.First of all, many biblical scholars have written that Jesus appears to have had a great sense of humor and that many 1st century peasants would have found humor in many of his parables.
I didn’t say laughing is the opposite of holiness, but I think there are certain parts of the Mass where laughter is inappropriate and a distraction from the fact that the Holy Sacrifice of our Lord is being made present to us.And yes it is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, but since when is laughing the opposite of holiness?
This is a guess, but maybe that’s because people generally don’t know how to give constructive criticism to the person in question, and so complain about the person to others and commiserate; whereas those who want to praise a person do so directly, and not through a forum.these forums seem to attract people who simply want to complain about their parish priest.