E
Epistemes
Guest
I recently purchased the New Jerome Biblical Commentary, but, trust me, I am sending it back come tomorrow afternoon! Before I ordered it, I should’ve researched more into the persons of Frs. Raymond Brown and Joseph A. Fitzmyer, but before digging too far into the NJBC, I decided to research Raymond Brown’s and Joseph A. Fitzmyer’s scholarship credentials, and am shocked by what I find! For one, I found this article by Joseph A. Fitzmyer, which more or less maintains that Mary’s perpetual virginity was invented by happy-go-lucky post-Apostolic theologians!
I want to know how men like Joseph A. Fitzmyer remain in such positions at Catholic universities, while also remaining in the Society of Jesus, and yet can assert in articles (and the NJBC) that Mary’s virginity might just be a fake without any sort of reprehensive action taken by the Pope!!!
What gives? No wonder nobody can take Catholics serious anymore with men like this representing Catholic “scholarship”!
I want to know how men like Joseph A. Fitzmyer remain in such positions at Catholic universities, while also remaining in the Society of Jesus, and yet can assert in articles (and the NJBC) that Mary’s virginity might just be a fake without any sort of reprehensive action taken by the Pope!!!
What gives? No wonder nobody can take Catholics serious anymore with men like this representing Catholic “scholarship”!