Jp2 4u?

• Thread starter Thread starter Michael038
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent been around for the past 2000 years, but yes he was an awesome pope. The best? i dont know, but i can say he was better than most (especially some of those embarrasing middle ages popes [note no matter how bad the man, they never taught error])

I woudl support styling him “the great” though. I think what set him apart was that he was not just a pius cleric and theologian living in an ivory tower, he brought the heavy and mystical truths of the universe down to an applicable level without comprmising them at all.

I put “uncertain” only because I don’t know. What I do know is that JP2 was amaazing. He was a large part of the reason I came to the Catholic faith.

Best pope ever? I don’t know, like Brain, I’ve not been around for the entire history of the Church. I know I think he was magnificent. He’s my personal hero, I think he’ll be a saint someday (in my lifetime), and I do think he’ll be remembered as “the Great.” God give him rest.

Couldn’t say he was the best though he’s definitely up there.

Well there was a Leo and a Gregory who would probably give him a pretty good run for his money, and remember of the first fifty popes, all but two are saints, and if you remember that first pope, Peter, well he walked on water…

JPII is in good company, let’s leave it at that 👍

He is among the greats. He was a blessing to us and a gift from God in this time. But there have been some other amazing popes.

I certainly feel that he was one of the BEST! John Paul II we will always love you and we miss you terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back