K of C

• Thread starter Thread starter compactdiss
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

compactdiss

Anyone here a member?
I never knew this until recently, I never knew this was a Catholic organization. I’m wondering what are your thoughts.

My thoughts: My thoughts are that it is hands down, the best organization you can join…I love the Knights of Columbus…I can remember always wanting to be a Knight…and when I finally became a Knight, it was a dream come true. Yes, it is exclusive to Catholic men, 18 or older, and in full communion with The Church. We do a lot of stuff worldwide to help those in need. I am fortunate enough to be a member in a great council, with a great group of guys. We do a lot of charitable events, but we also do stuff together and with our families. Next to converting to Catholicism, it is the best choice I have ever made. JPII said that the K of C is the “strong right arm of The Church.” Please consider joining…you will love it.
40.png
compactdiss:
Anyone here a member?
I never knew this until recently, I never knew this was a Catholic organization. I’m wondering what are your thoughts.

I joined the Knights when I was 18 and am on the charter with my father for the council in my parish. Its awesome to be a Knight.

Awesome…I was also blessed with being on the Charter for our council too.
40.png
bogeyjlg:
I joined the Knights when I was 18 and am on the charter with my father for the council in my parish. Its awesome to be a Knight.

I am a member. I am even related (through my wife) to the Supreme Knight, Carl Anderson. So, I can sasy from experience that he is a good guy 😃 leading a great organization.

My husband is a Sir Knight (I am in the Ladies Auxiliary). The KCs are a Catholic fraternal organization of mostly lay people. The organization for wives and daughters is the Ladies Auxiliary (which does differ a bit from state to state in name and function). There are only 4 degrees in the Knights. Most men are 3rd Degree but the 4th Degree is a great thing to enter, as well.

The 4th Degree at the ones who wear the plumed chapeau, cape, baldric and sword. There is a website, but I’m having computer problems at the moment and can’t supply it for you. Although I think it is simply www.kofc.org.

I joined the KofC about 10 years ago, and it is a great organization. You meet so many new friends there, and they all have the same values as you do.

Helping others and becoming better Catholics, is what we are all about. We support our priest and parishes with volunteer work and funding for various events and projects. Our website is www.KofC2797.org worldwide, our membership is approaching 1.7 million members.

To me there is no better way to spend your time. We do so much for our parishes and our community that it is immeasurable, and we always have fun doing it. Our council have about 600 members of which 10% are fourth degree (including myself).

In the DC area, one of the coolest things the Knights do, is ushering at Our Lady’s Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in DC. All the usehers there are 4th degree knights, completely voluntary (although they give us a jacket, trousers and KC tie free).

I guarantee if you join, you will never regret it. Latch onto volunteering for one or two programs, and you will be doing something really worthwhile. And if you want to try your hand on leading the whole show, become an officer and become a Grand Knight. It is an experience you will never forget.

It’s a whole different world when you have the responsibility for running many events and programs. It is guaranteed to keep you busy and hopping for an entire year. But when it is over, you can be real proud of having taken on a huge challenge and enduring to the end. I’ve worked on a lot of projects but nothing compares to being GK. It’s like working 15 or 20 projects all together, back to back. It’s a whirlwind but the ride is exhillarating.

wc

WOW I wish women had something like the KofC! I do see a meeting notice in the parish newsletter, once in a blue moon, for Daughters of Isabella, but of course they meet during the workday. I suspect these women are far into retirement.

I am a 4th degree, but have had difficulty being as active as I want.

SK Bob

When I lived in New Orleans I dropped out of the K of C at my parish because the chapter I belonged was all social & secular with little religious nature. Since moving to Tennessee, I find a much deeper spirituality. In hindsight, I should have stayed in the other chapter and worked to bring it to the founding principles.

What a great organization! The K of C has provided Catholic reading material free of charge to our local prisons. They have shipped thousands of prayer booklets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back