King James Onlyism: A New Sect

  • Thread starter Thread starter againstheresies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

againstheresies

Guest
Has anyone read Dr. James Price’s book on the KJV only controversy? King James Onlyism: A New Sect
I found this to be one of the most comprehensive works on this subject. Dr. Price happens to be an expert in this area of study. His work serves as one of the most detailed collections of the legitimate questions that the KJV Only advocates must address to be taken serious. Dr. Price does an excellent job in presenting the facts which speak for themselves.

If you had an opportunity to look at the book, then what is your opinion?
 
I have not read the book at all, I have however, made my own rebuttal to KJV onlyists tracts. thisholysword.blogspot.com/2010/08/rebuttals-to-kjv-only-claims.html

Recently I came across a blatant error in the KJV.
But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians.-Exodus 3:22
Translating the Hebrew word there as borrow, though a valid translation, in this instance is an obvious error, since it would make God a thief. Correct translations state “ask of” or “request”.
 
Nothing new about King James Onlyism. The church in which I was raised in the 1950s, a congregation of the Cleveland, TN, Church of God, had a rigidly King James Only pastor. Later in life I happened to be home on leave from the Air Force at the same time that he was visiting, and I showed him a Russian “smuggler’s Bible” that I had been given, and the first think he wanted to know was if it was a KJV :bigyikes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top