G
gardenswithkids
Guest
December 23–Christmas is almost here. So here I sit holding a baby while trying to avoid panic.
Baked Christmas cookies (again) this morning. Now I must guard them in the final hours, lest my husband and children eat them all (again). When we were engaged, I remember my husband snuck me into where his mom stored her Christmas cookies and looted a few from her stock. I should have recognized it as a sign of things to come…
Cleaned bathroom this morning too. Will have to do final check before company arrives on Christmas Eve.
There still the wrapping to do. Arg. Another good reason for simplicity in gift giving at Christmas is to limit the amount of wrapping needed.
We still need to hang our stockings by the Chimney with care. The kids found the candy I had stashed away, so I need to make a last minute run for stuffings. Note to self–next year persuade children to give up candy for advent and find better hiding spot.
Before I make that last minute run for stocking stuffings, I have to check what else I need from the store. I’m sure that I’ve forgotten something. Oh yes, need wrapping paper and beverages. And do I have all the gifts bought for the extended family gift exchange? Double check that.
Hmm, then there’s vacuuming and dusting still to do.
And sweeping the floor. And general tidying. Wondering how soon to do this because my kids can take the house from clean to messy in 5.7 seconds.
And I need to check CAF threads of interest often and spend valuable time posting. I don’t really know why I need to do that but somehow I just do…which is why I decided to post my to do list here on CAF.
Merry Christmas!
Baked Christmas cookies (again) this morning. Now I must guard them in the final hours, lest my husband and children eat them all (again). When we were engaged, I remember my husband snuck me into where his mom stored her Christmas cookies and looted a few from her stock. I should have recognized it as a sign of things to come…
Cleaned bathroom this morning too. Will have to do final check before company arrives on Christmas Eve.
There still the wrapping to do. Arg. Another good reason for simplicity in gift giving at Christmas is to limit the amount of wrapping needed.
We still need to hang our stockings by the Chimney with care. The kids found the candy I had stashed away, so I need to make a last minute run for stuffings. Note to self–next year persuade children to give up candy for advent and find better hiding spot.
Before I make that last minute run for stocking stuffings, I have to check what else I need from the store. I’m sure that I’ve forgotten something. Oh yes, need wrapping paper and beverages. And do I have all the gifts bought for the extended family gift exchange? Double check that.
Hmm, then there’s vacuuming and dusting still to do.
And sweeping the floor. And general tidying. Wondering how soon to do this because my kids can take the house from clean to messy in 5.7 seconds.
And I need to check CAF threads of interest often and spend valuable time posting. I don’t really know why I need to do that but somehow I just do…which is why I decided to post my to do list here on CAF.
Merry Christmas!