A
anilorak13ska
Guest
Chevalier, I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular, since I don’t know anyone on here enough to know why they hold the opinions they do. You certainly don’t have to like women’s keeping their surnames, and you certainly have a right to insist that your wife would express her commitment to your marriage by taking your surname. If it means that much to you, then she should respect that. … Just like if a woman keeping her name meant equally as much to her, her spouse-to-be should respect that as well. I was making a general point as to the fact that no one outside of my marriage has any grounds, moral, religious, legal, or otherwise, to judge a choice that was made that affects no one outside the marriage. As for the “save your breath” comment, I was referring to those who are trying to defend their choice. I don’t see a need to defend my choice, and certainly not to complete strangers that neither know me or my husband, or our experiences that led to **our **decision. I don’t know why you’re arguing here either, because this is not a subject that requires others to change their minds. You’ve stated your opinion, more power to you, and others have stated theirs. Otherwise, this can go back and forth forever, and no Christian charity is being accomplished in the meantime. Couples who share a last name are no less prone to infidelity or divorce than couples who don’t, and vice versa. Cheerios
As Juliet ponders in Shakespeare’s “Romeo & Juliet”:
“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.”
As Juliet ponders in Shakespeare’s “Romeo & Juliet”:
“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.”