Late Start to Novena Valid?

• Thread starter Thread starter barthc1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barthc1

Is is permissible (i.e., valid) for one to “catch-up” on an already in progress novena and still receive the benefits? I am thinking of the situation were one forgets to say the prayers of a novena for the first day or two, and on day three says all the prayers for days one, two and three. Is this a valid way to become current on the novena?

Novenas are personal devotions and are not capable of being rendered "invalid. They are prayers which ask for intecessions and grace and are heard by God regardless. The idea that a properly performed novena automatically equals certain blessings borders on superstition.

I have the same problem. As much as I intend to start on the correct day and say the prayers each day I manage to forget to do some of the days. So, I do just as you suggest, I say the prayers I missed to “catch up”.

God knows our hearts, our intentions. If we are praying a novena out of love for him and to honor the saint, it isn’t the perfect way we pray it or if we remember to do all the prayers on all the days God doesn’t really cares about that as much as the love with which we do it. I find comfort in that, I hope you do too. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back