Latin Mass This Saturday - St. Louis Suburbs

• Thread starter Thread starter MarcPekny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarcPekny

Members of the Church Millitant:

The Prior of the Cannons Regular of the New Jerusalem, a new priestly order started by Archbishop Ray Burke when he was in WI, has now moved to the St. Louis area. Their prior, Fr. Daniel is going to celebrate the Tridentine Holy Sacrifice of the Mass on Saturday, September 25th at 3:00pm at the O’Fallon Knights of Columbus Hall.

This order was established to promote Ecclesia Dei, which promotes the Traditional Latin Mass (Tridentine).

More info is at the following link: Short fuse on reseravations for the BBQ…call the number(s) on the link.

slatts.blogspot.com/2004/09/canons-regular-of-new-jerusalem.html

I had heard that Christ the King was invited to have a parish there - has that changed or is this in addition to that?

I have heard similar rumors, but I have not heard anything recently. As far as I know, they are two separate orders.

MP
40.png
deogratias:
I had heard that Christ the King was invited to have a parish there - has that changed or is this in addition to that?

40.png
deogratias:
Latest I heard is that the Archbishop is trying to find a suitable parish for ICK that wont take away from the existing Indult in the city fo St Louis itself.

I have heard that as well. I am told by a friend from St. Agatha, our current Indult parish, that an announcement will be made Sunday to the future of the parish & whether or not ICK will be involved. There are rumors of consolidation with a nearby parish.

There is also talk of the Cannons Regular of the New Jerusalem will also be setting up oratory in the western St. Louis suburbs (which would be closer to me). I think their long term plans are for daily Latin Mass as well as classes. Sounds kind of like what St. John Cantius in Chicago, IL has done. (we were there last weekend) As noted above, Fr. Daniel will be presenting more info on the order, CRNJ, and will flow it out when I get a chance.

Marc
40.png
JNB:
Latest I heard is that the Archbishop is trying to find a suitable parish for ICK that wont take away from the existing Indult in the city fo St Louis itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back