LDS- Mormons

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mikaele
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mikaele

Guest
I speak to a lot of Mormons where I live, and I was wondering this. Their Sabbath is also Sunday, yet Sunday worship isn’t explicitly stated in the Bible. Could I use this as an argument to say that they are in a way following Catholic Tradition? And could I use this against anyone that practices a Sunday Sabbath?
 
I think maybe that might not be such a good idea…unless you are on very friendly terms with them…and you might want to know why it is they consider Sunday their Sabbath.

If you are not on real friendly terms with them…you might want to be careful with that approach.

Sometimes “discretion” is better.
 
I can surmise that for the majority, other than Jehova’sWitnessess and Seventh Day Adventists, most likely continue Sunday as the Sabbath for historical reasons. But, you would have to ask each denomination “why”…

Seventh Day Adventists have their sabbath on Saturday, and the Jehova’s Witnesses use any day in the week and do not have an established “sabbath”.
 
I speak to a lot of Mormons where I live, and I was wondering this. Their Sabbath is also Sunday, yet Sunday worship isn’t explicitly stated in the Bible. Could I use this as an argument to say that they are in a way following Catholic Tradition? And could I use this against anyone that practices a Sunday Sabbath?
The Bible gives many references to the fact that Sunday was important for Christians and Christian worship. The first day of the week, the day of the Lord, the day of the Resurrection, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top