Thanks all! These are a great start and great suggestions. I really appreciate it.
Ion,
Good point about Latin being the official language of the Church and all the major works having been translated into Latin. Actually, it’s funny, but it appears that (at least) one of the works that John7 recommended by Fr. Zerwick was translated to English from Latin.
Apollos,
Unfortunately, the Protestant’s obsession with the original Greek, and their distrust for the previously acclaimed Latin translations, necessitates a Catholic interested in apologetics to learn Greek in order to combat their erroneous interpretations (e.g. the whole Petros/Petra debate). I have also found it difficult at times to discuss the Bible with certain Protestants because of differences in English translations. They tend to say things like “that’s not what my bible says.” Whether its NIV or KJV, they tend to distrust “Catholic” versions. It would be good to get down to the Greek (if you can get them to believe that the Bible wasn’t originally written in English, that is).
Thanks again to all for the suggestions. I know they will be great helps.
Jcopper