I am a new member of the Legion of Mary and I can tell you that when I first joined I was pretty unsure of what it was all about but I am so enjoying it, what it is, is a group of women who are devoted to Our Lady who gather one afternoon a week to pray the rosary together we also organize weekly visits to local nursing homes in order to pray the rosary with the residents who are Catholic and who have requested and shown an interest in coming to join us and pray the Rosary . we then follow it up with just friendly visiting and chatting it is always a lovely experience we always have some fun with our residents and get wee hugs at the end of the visit. I always feel that I am so lucky to be able to attend these special visits to the nursing homes I come away feeling that I have received a gift. We often get together at a local coffee shop and have tea and a treat before heading over to the nursing home we get a chance to just share our stories of our families and it is lovely to be with women who have good morals and who have the same beliefs as I do. we also attend a monthly mass at the nursing homes, we assist our local priest as he says Mass, we bring in the residents, make sure they are situated comfortably and someTimes offer a sip of water after communion to those who need it. I have made such lovely friends with these ladies who I really did not know, I am so glad that I came out of my shell and to join this group. I am a pretty shy person and it was difficult for me at first, because I felt so in adequate next to these ladies who have been long-standing members of our church. But I have felt nothing but love and encouragement I would highly recommend the Legion of Mary it has brought me so much closer to Our Lady and I have had prayers answered and I feel her in my life every day I hope you join you will not regret it. Good luck. Frances.