lenten reading

• Thread starter Thread starter mmkristine
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmkristine

Anyone have any good books lined up for Lenten reading/reflection??

A purpose Driven life is a good start. It is written specifically for Lent or Advent. We are discussing it at our parish.

suggestion:“Behold your Life” by Macrina Wiederkehr

“a wonderful resource for a healing retreat-during Lent or whenever the Spirit of God urges us to embrace our memories and the goodness hidden in our wounds”

have been trying to tackle Authenticity by Thomas Dubay for a long time, maybe this Lent I can finish the whole thing, not just snip at bits and pieces

Max Lucado who is actually a Protestant minister wrote a through provoking book called Six Hours One Friday which is just beautiful.

The Practice of the Love of Jesus Christ by Alphonsus Liguori is pretty good reading for Lent, or any time.

Taking a stab at “The Imitation of Christ” by Thomas a Kempis.

I’m focusing on books on Our Lord’s Passion for Lent. Right now, I’m planning on reading “The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ” by Bl. Anne Catherine Emmerich. I will also focus my meditations according to Thomas a Kempis’ “On the Passion of Christ: According to the Four Evangelists: Prayers and Meditations”.

Death on a Friday Afternoon is an interesting set of meditations on Christ’s Seven Last Words by Father Richard Joh Neuhaus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back