Lepanto!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter SFH
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SFH

To all Christians out there, pax et bonum! Today is the anniversary of the great naval battle at Lepanto. When you get the time, read G.K. Chesterson’s poem The Battle of Lepanto or check out the description of the battle in an encyclopedia. Viva Hispania! Viva Don Juan! Viva Pope St. Pius V!!!

40.png
SFH:
To all Christians out there, pax et bonum! Today is the anniversary of the great naval battle at Lepanto. When you get the time, read G.K. Chesterson’s poem The Battle of Lepanto or check out the description of the battle in an encyclopedia. Viva Hispania! Viva Don Juan! Viva Pope St. Pius V!!!
Domino Gloria!

GKC

Truly a miracle wrought by God. Deo Gloria !

I am always amazed at how this glorious event is completely ignored by the “historians” of the English speaking world. I would never have heard of the Battle of Lepanto but for my father. Never once in the many history classes was Lepanto mentioned.

Ahhh yes - indeed this was a miracle. This is now why we also celebrate the **Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary **on this day as well.

Pope St. Pius V established this feast in 1573. The purpose was to thank God for the victory of Christians over the Turks at Lepanto—a victory attributed to the praying of the rosary. Clement XI extended the feast to the universal Church in 1716.

Let’s say a rosary in celebration.
Amen and praise God.

40.png
jrabs:
Ahhh yes - indeed this was a miracle. This is now why we also celebrate the **Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary **on this day as well.

Pope St. Pius V established this feast in 1573. The purpose was to thank God for the victory of Christians over the Turks at Lepanto—a victory attributed to the praying of the rosary. Clement XI extended the feast to the universal Church in 1716.

Amen and praise God.
Yes Indeed! Today as never before, the Rosary should be in our hands and prayer on our lips.

Maybe the Rosary will play a major part in our battle against terrorists coming out of the Middle East? A little peace to the world for awhile perhaps?

40.png
jrabs:

Amen and praise God.
Which feast was celebrated at my Anglican parish today.

GKC

“Lepanto” fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back