Litany of Loreto

• Thread starter Thread starter snowman10
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snowman10

Would someone explain to me how these refer to Mary?

Singular vessel of devotion,
**Mystical rose,
Tower of David, .
Tower of ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the covenant,
****Gate of Heaven,
****Morning star,- **Revelation 22:16 (refers to Jesus)
**Health of the sick,
**Refuge of sinners,

the ones highlighted in red are ones I always associated with Christ, and for Morning Star I left a reference.

DU

40.png
snowman10:
Would someone explain to me how these refer to Mary?

Singular vessel of devotion,
**Mystical rose,
Tower of David, .
Tower of ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the covenant,
****Gate of Heaven,
****Morning star,- **Revelation 22:16 (refers to Jesus)
**Health of the sick,
**Refuge of sinners,

the ones highlighted in red are ones I always associated with Christ, and for Morning Star I left a reference.

DU
Here is what I found.
Those were great questions.
A very beautiful piece of prayer & poetry.

The morning star part still bothers me. In Revelation, the morning star is Jesus. Methinks I have hit a snag unless someone can give me a very good explanation. Please help me guys!

DU

40.png
snowman10:
The morning star part still bothers me. In Revelation, the morning star is Jesus. Methinks I have hit a snag unless someone can give me a very good explanation. Please help me guys!

DU
I dont know what to tell you bro,

I went to the uccb www and went to that passage
Rev22:16 and followed the footnotes to Rev2:26-28

Im not sure who the morning star is in the second passage. The first says “bright morning star” the other says “morning star”

Im not sure though so I hope someone can help if this doesnt work.

Well it seems there two different morning stars, one being Jesus, the other being, well, a star. So apparently morning star is used to designate Jesus but can be used for really anything else as well that has an important meaning. Sound about right?

DU

40.png
snowman10:

DU
Astronomically speaking, Morning Star is a name given to the planet Venus, (or sometimes Mercury), when this planet is at a position in its orbit relative to earth such that this planet rises in the Earth’s sky shortly before Sunrise. Persons seeing a Morning Star who know its significance can know with assurance that the Sun will rise very soon. This is useful information for people with no clocks or watches. The Planets, furthermore, do not shine with their own light but reflect the light of the Sun.

Mary can be compared with the Morning Star in that she points to Christ just as the Morning Star points to the Sunrise. And like the planets, Mary does not posess any “light” of her own, separate from God, rather she “reflects the greatness of the Lord”

Joseph Bilodeau:
Astronomically speaking, Morning Star is a name given to the planet Venus, (or sometimes Mercury), when this planet is at a position in its orbit relative to earth such that this planet rises in the Earth’s sky shortly before Sunrise. Persons seeing a Morning Star who know its significance can know with assurance that the Sun will rise very soon. This is useful information for people with no clocks or watches. The Planets, furthermore, do not shine with their own light but reflect the light of the Sun.

Mary can be compared with the Morning Star in that she points to Christ just as the Morning Star points to the Sunrise. And like the planets, Mary does not posess any “light” of her own, separate from God, rather she “reflects the greatness of the Lord”
Wow, great stuff.
Snow would love this.

Catholic Dude:
Wow, great stuff.
Snow would love this.
100% Correct Catholic Dude!

I see that the Morning Star can refer to Christ, Mary, or any object essentialy. So no more worries for now…still on the Road to Rome and trying to find the bridge to Cross the Tiber!

DU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back