Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary

• Thread starter Thread starter ChiefCounsellor
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChiefCounsellor

Are any familiar with this Catholic devotion? I’ve started to pray my Little Office again, it’s a very fulfilling prayer. Takes only a few minutes a few times a day.

I would like to know of others experience with praying the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary, or if others have heard of it. I recommend this prayer to all with a devotion to Our Lady.

If i use any western Office, I use this one and pray it according to an edition printed in 1904. It is very nice, since it has a great deal of regularity, and finding music (if i get a fit to chant it) is pretty easy (there is a chapter in the Antiphonale devoted to the Little Office). Also, an aspect i like is that some of the non-scriptual texts are commonly used in the Byzantine East (e.g. Sub tuum presidium), and that natually speaks of a time when when East and West were not divided as now.
In Christ,
Adam

I recently purchased The Little Office of Our Lady as my Divine Office Book was coming adrift from use. What I like about the Little Office is that given time and daily praying from it, one would I am sure, learn parts by heart for those times when heart turns heavenward during the day. I live in South Australia and it was rather hard to locate a copy and when I did it was the last copy the distributor had.

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back