Liturgy of the Hours Question

• Thread starter Thread starter dumspirospero
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dumspirospero

Hey everyone…I have the 4 volume set of the Liturgy of the Hours…I have not been praying it since Lent…instead, I have been praying the Little Office of the BVM…I want to start praying the LOTH again…would someone knowledgeable tell me what pages we are on now, so I can pick it back up. Where are we on the 4 week Psalter, etc? Evening, Daytime, morning, office readings etc…??? Please help. Thanks

We’re in Week I, Evening Prayer.

How ambitious of you to use the 4 volume set, though. I just use Christian Prayer or Shorter Christian Prayer. You’re a better liturgical pray-er than I am, Gunga Din!

I began praying the Liturgy of the Hours last year after utilizing an Anglican prayer book. (Obviously, I am converting.) I cannot express enough the joy the Lord has given me as I join countless others, such as yourself, in praying the Psalms.

It is unbelievable how God opens up new and beautiful insights into His Truth in the LOTH. For just one example, my understanding of the Communion of the Saints and the intercession of our Blessed Mother have increased so much because of praying the Hours.

Today is my 9th wedding anniversary, please pray that my wife will come to understand the beauty and truth of the fullness of the faith so that she and our 4 children will join me there.

God bless you as you dive back in! This Saturday is IHM. Ask our Lady to pray for us!

If you get real stuck, and haven’t bought the $1.50 guide, go on google and type in Liturgy of the Hours. The first one up should have all the info you need for the week.

I haven’t tried any other search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back